Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To car boot sale or not to car boot sale

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To car boot sale or not to car boot sale

    My pals asked me to do a car boot on bank holidya monday.
    My body says heck no, but my brain says itl be fun, plus I can try to get rid of some bits and bobs, also some old jewellery and things Ive made.
    What do you think.
    Have (another)lie in,or do a car boot?
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


    http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

  • #2
    Car boot it - especially if it's going to be a nice day weather-wise

    Don't you dare sell your jewellery there though - you won't get any where near what it's worth and you'll end up feeling seriously peed off by the time the 5th person has offered you a quid for one of your necklaces.

    Get rid of any random tat you've gathered though, it's a lovely feeling clearing the clutter
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

    Comment


    • #3
      Deffo what NattyNetty says. Your jewellery is not car boot material.

      And remember, you are decluttering not going on a shopping spree ...... unless you find some absolute bargains.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for your advice.
        ive decided to do it.Not something Id ever do in a month of sundays but my pal thats asked me to go along is 3 months pregnant and I thought it only fair to help out(her hubby cant be bothered to go!!)I dont think my bladder could last the 6 hours it goes on for let along a pregnant ladys!!

        My pal looked at the site and it states that they dont want ot sell new stuff so luckily my jewellery is out of the question, you made some good points re prices so its lucky they dont want new stuff.

        I have some old pieces I got from charity shops over the years which wont take up much space so I can try selling those.
        I even looked round for bits and bobs to take and sell but I really dont have anything.I have loads of junk but nothing that people would pay money for or that would look appealing to car boot folk.
        Please wish me luck, Im going to be soooooo tired.
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


        http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

        Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

        Comment


        • #5
          And don't they usually finish quite early? You should have time for a siesta afterwards to replace your lie in
          Celia
          I can't be creative and tidy too
          www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
          The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
          Jencel on Facebook

          Comment


          • #6
            Have a nice day but remember everyone goes to these things to get something for nothing. I have put labels on things in the past for about 50p and someone offers you 20p, I gave car boot sales up as I really couldn't be bothered with peoples attitude, anyway enjoy.
            My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

            Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Seahorse View Post

              I even looked round for bits and bobs to take and sell but I really dont have anything.I have loads of junk but nothing that people would pay money for or that would look appealing to car boot folk.
              Please wish me luck, Im going to be soooooo tired.
              Take the junk anyway, you'd be surprised at what will sell, even for 50 or 20p
              We done one and sold lots of tat, what we were left with we took to the local tip the next day so at least we had a good clearout.

              Jan x
              My Blog http://handcraftedbypicto.blogspot.com/
              My Facebook http://www.facebook.com/HandcraftedbyPicto
              My Folksyhttp://www.folksy.com/shops/HandcraftedbyPicto
              My Wow Thank Youhttp://www.wowthankyou.co.uk/handcrafted-by-picto

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                Thanks for your advice.
                ive decided to do it.Not something Id ever do in a month of sundays but my pal thats asked me to go along is 3 months pregnant and I thought it only fair to help out(her hubby cant be bothered to go!!)I dont think my bladder could last the 6 hours it goes on for let along a pregnant ladys!!

                My pal looked at the site and it states that they dont want ot sell new stuff so luckily my jewellery is out of the question, you made some good points re prices so its lucky they dont want new stuff.

                I have some old pieces I got from charity shops over the years which wont take up much space so I can try selling those.
                I even looked round for bits and bobs to take and sell but I really dont have anything.I have loads of junk but nothing that people would pay money for or that would look appealing to car boot folk.
                Please wish me luck, Im going to be soooooo tired.
                One man's junk is another man's treasure! People sell things at car boots that they no longer want but it doesn't mean nobody wants it. I'm going to a couple of sales this morning looking for yarn and thread which is left over from things people have made - that's what I use to make my treasures from trash which I sell to make money for local charities.

                You will be very surprised what people will buy.
                Have fun!
                Linda

                Comment


                • #9
                  As others have said, take what you think is junk...I always found that I'd be returning home with my good stuff, but the things that people were fighting over were often things I'd got for free, like make up or skin care samples, or mail order freebies.

                  I love car boots, but did start to get depressed about people taking the mick with some of the prices they were offering! Plus the things that I have lots of like books, clothes etc to get rid of never seem to sell in our area.

                  Enjoy it.
                  Blog: http://yarnhillcrafts.blogspot.com
                  MISI shop: http://yarnhillcrafts.misi.co.uk
                  Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/YarnHillCrafts/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hmm, I may see if I can rustle up a basket of £1 items and see if anyone buy s anything.
                    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


                    http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

                    Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just got back.
                      I took a few things with my and made about £7, my pal made £100+ but she had alot more than me.
                      Couldnt believe how vulture like people were, as soon as we parked people were asking what we had!!
                      Glad I did it but Im off for a siesta now, I was up at 5am.
                      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


                      http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

                      Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Forgot to say, my pal had lovely things to sell and she was selling them for such low prices, like £2/£1.50 and people were still trying to haggle her down!!Unbelivable!!
                        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


                        http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

                        Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                          Forgot to say, my pal had lovely things to sell and she was selling them for such low prices, like £2/£1.50 and people were still trying to haggle her down!!Unbelivable!!
                          If you price something worth at least £1 at 20p there will always be people who try to get it for 10p. Overprice your stuff then you can afford to go with the haggling - you end up with about what you wanted and the buyers think they have a bargain!

                          I went to a car boot sale yesterday (quite large and a regular event) but didn't buy anything. I went to a very small local one today (next village to me) and spent nearly £30 but am very happy with what I got - couple of jigsaws for my Mum (from the Children with Leukaemia charity stall, so I gave them £1 when they asked for 40p), a board game, several bags of good quality embroidery thread (approx 300+ skeins for £20) and a home made cake (which is very nice from the Air Ambulance charity stall ). I didn't try and haggle any of the prices, because I was more than happy that I was getting bargains.

                          Linda

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I totally agree, Im a cheapskate as i have no money but even Id pay the kind of prices we were asking for.Im glad you found some bargains.
                            https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


                            http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

                            Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X