Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royal Wedding Blues ~ Will you be there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Wedding Blues ~ Will you be there?

We will be setting up for a 3 day event on Friday so will miss the Wedding "live" on TV, I know I can watch the re runs later, but it is not the same?

Sad, I maybe, but whenever there is a big Royal Wedding, I usually sit glued to the TV all day.

Will you be watching or holding a street party?

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Hi Jane

Hubby working (again!) so a few girly friends are getting together for tea and cake and hopefully sitting in the garden watching the wedding on the TV! I'm not a Royalist, but am looking forward to all the pomp and ceremony and of course, seeing what Kate will be wearing. I might even push the boat out and wear my tiara I had from when I was a bridesmaid a few years ago!!

What event are you doing over the weekend? If it's not too far, I might pop down and introduce myself.

Sharon x
    Wid

Comment

I may be on my own but I have no interest whatsoever in it. It is just a couple getting married like happens all over the country most days of the week. Happy to just let them get on with it,

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

I will be at Calke Abbey, Ticknall, Derby, Derbyshire DE73 7LE

on Sat, Sun, Mon and at West Bridgford, on the park, opposite the Co-op ( Mr Just Soaps) on Mon, a family fun day.

Be great to see you

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I am very very torn. I am definitely not a royalist. I am however a serious wedding fan. My OH would go as far as saying he's anti royal and would love to have a no go policy in our house.
          I love the styling, romance of it all and am going to be locked away in a room sneeking a peek!
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Well I'm certainly no Royalist, but I want to be able to sit in my retirement home when I'm 90 and regale all the tales of what went off!

p.s Jane, will try and get to Calke Abbey. Do you know if they let dogs in?
            Wid

Comment

Originally posted by Wid View Post
              Well I'm certainly no Royalist, but I want to be able to sit in my retirement home when I'm 90 and regale all the tales of what went off!

p.s Jane, will try and get to Calke Abbey. Do you know if they let dogs in?
              Not sure, why not give Calke a ring Telephone: 01332 863822 ?

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

I'm desperately trying to avoid all the faff currently going on about it, I'm even having to constantly turn off the news due to the earth shattering reports about it such as it might rain!!! I really don't care, I really don't!

However, having said that I'm probably going to watch the actual ceremony so I can see what her dress is like and like Wid I can see it as a bit of living history....just planning on missing all the tedious build up before hand, which reminds me - does anyone know when the actual event is due to start?
                Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I'll be doing neither. I have a child too young to want to watch it so will be going out and avoiding it - should be a fun day for us somewhere!! Though not sure where. I keep having evil thoughts that I hope it rains so the street parties don't get too raucus. There is one not far from my house and so I have to keep reminding myself that that road will be shut, which is really quite annoying. I'm just pleased there is so much foreign interest in it because that will hopefully generate a lot of money from tourism.

I noticed next year we get an additional bank holiday in June for the queens golden jubilee so the late spring bank holiday is delayed by a week (and also half term). One of the great things about these events is the extra day off work I'll get
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                    I'm desperately trying to avoid all the faff currently going on about it, I'm even having to constantly turn off the news due to the earth shattering reports about it such as it might rain!!! I really don't care, I really don't!

However, having said that I'm probably going to watch the actual ceremony so I can see what her dress is like and like Wid I can see it as a bit of living history....just planning on missing all the tedious build up before hand, which reminds me - does anyone know when the actual event is due to start?

You've hit the nail on the head - not really interested in what time, old Queenie will be putting her shoes on etc, but looking forward to seeing Kate's dress and what not. The ceremony is at 11 I think.
                    Wid

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                      Not sure, why not give Calke a ring Telephone: 01332 863822 ?

Jane
                      Will do thanks.
                      Wid

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                        I'll be doing neither.
                        One of the great things about these events is the extra day off work I'll get
                        Not very good for business though:-(

I was talking with one guy who is having to give his staff (8 of them) a day off paid for, for the extra Bank Holiday and then pay them double time to come in on Saturday to catch up with all their work?

Many are in this situation.

Jane
                        www.just-soaps.com
                        Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                          just planning on missing all the tedious build up before hand, which reminds me - does anyone know when the actual event is due to start?
                          Ah yes,

The dignitaries and invitees begin arriving at 9am. William and Harry should be arriving at 10.15am. The bride and her father leave whatever house it is at 10.50am and the service is due to start at 11am. At 12.15 there is supposed to be a carriage procession after the ceremony and they appear on the balcony at 1.25pm ready for the fly past at 1.30pm. Then they all disappear off for their party!
                          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I plan to watch the ceremony as like others I love the pomp and ceremony and I really do want them to have a great day. I do, however, get totally fed up with all the pre-amble which means we are sick to death of it all by the time the actual event comes around. Its a shame as I am sure more people would show enthusiasm for it all if they didn't have to put up with the TV channels trying to outdo each other with the amount of coverage they can squeeze in even before there is actually something to cover!

So good luck to William and Kate - I pray the day goes off without a hitch and there are no security scares. I won't have bunting or anything special but I will be watching (might be a good excuse to eat lots of cake though... now theres a thought!)
                            Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                            Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                            Follow me on Twitter:
                            @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                              Not very good for business though:-(
                              I work in an educational establishment so we'll get the money from the students/government anyway. If the government then have a problem with it then they only have themselves to blame!
                              View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X