International Poetry Fest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Poetry Fest

There's one going on, in Austin, and my daughter has taken the kids to a kid poetry event at a local coffee house which is very beatnik-like. Right now there are some Australian Beatnik Poets performing, and Hazel and Walter are onstage with them right this very minute, doing the drumming and horn tooting, and the animals sounds as required...sure wish I was there!!

It sounds as if they are having a whale of a time. Good luck to them. Wish it was me. lol.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

You'll have to plan to be here next year!! You can stay here at my house. H&W can go onstage with you and wave the Union Jack while you recite your ditties!

Maybe you'll be published by then? How's that going??

Comment

I think I have chickened out. Too much like hard work.
        We have a poetry fest. at Cheltenham which is prob. 60 miles or so from me and I have often thought of going but in all these years have never made it. Writing poetry is a lonely hobby, none of your friends are interested enough to travel to the venues with you. Most of them think you are a wee bit bonkers anyway. Which is probably why only you on the forum know. lol.
        Last edited by Critchley; 10-04-2011, 06:33 PM.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Here's my 3 yo grandson blowing some odd looking instrument, or drinking moonshine, with one of the Australian poets...in an interesting hat...

Comment

Here's my almost 6 yo granddaughter kneeling on these funky flipflops they had, with plastic feet already in them - to make you look short...they're funnier with adults kneeling in them.

Last edited by removed10; 10-04-2011, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X