Stuck in boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in boots

We've been over to Leeds today as my kids were at Leeds school of Music. After we'd been and done the Asda shop, we went back into the centre for a walk around and a look through the shops. I decided to go and buy a new pair of boots. Got into the shop and selected the boots to try on, they were a really great deal, but as I went to take of the pair I was wearing to try on the new boots, the zip from the right one snapped off in my hand. I tried, but failed to get the zip down without it, I was stuck in my boot. I thought it's not the end of the world, I can try on the other one. went to pull the zip down and yep, the bloomin' same thing happened. Now what's the odds for both zips on both boots breaking at the same time.
    Couldn't get out of either of them, so had to give up on boot shopping.
    I then saw some gorgeous trousers and couldn't try them on either as I couldn't get my boots off.
    So no actual shopping for me at all. Still we had a lovely afternoon wondering around listening to seriously talented street musicians, a saxaphonist and a violinist and the good ole Sally Army band.
    And then the kids did an amazing concert.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

How did you get the boots off in the end?? or are you still in them? lol
    x
    Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

LOL stupid here with the over active imagination, read the header and thought OMG did she somehow get herself locked in at Boots the Chemist !!

Guess that's one pair of boots for the trash unless it was the pull tag and you managed to clip something through the fitting and get the zipper down once you got home. Oh well consider it money in the bank which owes you a pair of boots and trousers the next time you're out.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I'm a rotten skin flint, the boots are off my feet, as I used my jewellery pliers (boy those things are good!)
        I'm going to see what miracles I can work with some wire later on. The boots themselves are still good for a copuple of months wear.
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
          I'm a rotten skin flint, the boots are off my feet, as I used my jewellery pliers (boy those things are good!)
          I'm going to see what miracles I can work with some wire later on. The boots themselves are still good for a copuple of months wear.
          Good for you ! i would do exactly the same.
          Obviuosly the boots decided they liked you and didnt want you to shop for new ones and I expect the trousers were not really needed either, they probably did you a favour in the end
          If you dont have a go ................... you will never know

https://www.facebook.com/HatPiece

www.HatPiece.co.uk

Comment

I'm the same too! What about some leather thonging through the bit where the zip pull would go?

Glad you managed to get out of them though - I had an image of someone stuck in wellies when I saw the thread title (you know, when they sort of form a vacuum round your foot?). Isn't it funny how our brains work??

Sarah Gail Designs
            Sarah Gail Designs on Facebook
            Crafty Cat Events
            Crafty Cat Events on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
              LOL stupid here with the over active imagination, read the header and thought OMG did she somehow get herself locked in at Boots the Chemist !!

Mo.XX
              The same thing went thru my head too!!
              x
              Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Working...
              X