Why do I do it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I do it???

Ok, so a few weeks ago I decided enough was enough - I joined the gym again (but am still cycling to work too) and starting really watching what I eat. Have been good for well over a week. Today it was someone's birthday at work and I managed to reisist the cream cakes that sat in the kitchen (and they were M&S...now thats will power!!!).

But tonight I blew it. I decided not to go to the gym as I went Monday, cycled 14 miles yesterday and am going tomorrow. But then I ended up going to a chinese with my BF and now feel like a big fat blob!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! The thing is, I feel rubbish now so what was the point in ruining my healthy eating stint? Sorry to rant, I just needed to get this out. Anyone else ever feel like this?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Katian: one chinese does not a chubber make. It doesnt mean the end of your health plan nor does it mean you will have put on several pounds. Tomorrow if you choose, you can go to the gym for double the time uttering the equivalent of fitness hail marys under your breath to repent.

The real message here is: dont be so hard on yourself and just enjoy the moment
    Mel

Comment

I feel so bad about it that I am cycling to work, then to the gym and then doing body combat! Getting a lift back though, I don't think I could manage the bike ride home too! Thanks Lili
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Chinese food isn't as bad for you as you would think - chow mein is fairly low in calories - just stear clear of the deep fried dishes and fried rice and you should be fine - after all how many fat Chinese people do you see about.

Sorry Peter for talking about Chinese again.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Don't be so hard on yourself, with all the exercise you are doing one chinese won;t have any effect and will be burnt off in no time. When you start obsessing about it like this then that is when you have problems and won't enjoy it and therfore won't stick to it.

I go to the gym 4 times a week and love it, and cycle (weather permitting) the other nights too, have a fair bit of weight to loose but am not exactly watching what I eat, although we don;t eat that badly anyway, but I know as soon as I start doing that I know I will start obsessing and then loose all interest.

A little of what you fancy does you good!!
          Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

I'm the same - I don't do diets I just make sure I don't eat too much rubbish! I'm also learning to eat when I am hungry (which is a biggy for me) as I always just ate and ate and ate even when I wasn't at all hungry. I'm slowly starting to exercise now and I know that it will make a big difference. Don't be too hard on yourself - you sound like you are doing the right things - healthy eating, exercise etc. Just try to make sure that you don't expect too much of yourself too quickly and then get de-motivated, thus undoing all the good work.
            Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
            My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
            My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

I agree dont be so hard on yourself, as long as you mostly watch what you eat its ok to be 'naughty' every now and again.

If only I knew about chow meain being lower in fat, I wouldnt have eaten the deep fried spring rolls and chicken balls I did very regularly a few years back.My 2 stone weight gain is the result.Bad seahorse, bad bad bad.

Oh and the multiple packs of crisps and the king size chocolate bars.

But thats all stopped now as my celery sticks for lunch prooves.
              https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post
                I'm the same - I don't do diets I just make sure I don't eat too much rubbish! I'm also learning to eat when I am hungry (which is a biggy for me) as I always just ate and ate and ate even when I wasn't at all hungry. I'm slowly starting to exercise now and I know that it will make a big difference. Don't be too hard on yourself - you sound like you are doing the right things - healthy eating, exercise etc. Just try to make sure that you don't expect too much of yourself too quickly and then get de-motivated, thus undoing all the good work.
                So are we off to the Chinese tonight then?
                It's never too late to gyrate!

Comment

You asked :

"Why do I do it ??"

Answer :

Because you're human!

I decided ages ago that I wasn't go to lie on my death-bed thinking :

a) I wish I'd spent more time doing the housework
                  and
                  b) I wish I hadn't eaten all that chocolate....

Life's too short ... enjoy yourself!
                  Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                    Life's too short ... enjoy yourself!
                    Yep yep yep!!!
                    And to reinforce my agreement, I've just eaten 5 Viennese Whirls.
                    Cos only me in office and no-one to share them with hhahahahha!!

Comment

Working...
                    X