Another postal strike ;-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another postal strike ;-(

Oh no... here we go again...Royal Mail have advised further strike action from:

Thursday 12 July @ 19:00

through to

Friday 13 July (time unspecified).

Any outgoing mail on Thursday is unlikely to be delivered until Monday 16 July at the earliest.
    Mel

Dam...can I say it again..........dam. There hopeless
    Debbie
    www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Hope my ebay customers don't forget.

Is this counter staff too? I just ask this because last week I had a unproductive morning thanks to post office counter staff. I thought the strike was on Friday and went with my ebay package in Monday only to be confronted with a picket of two and was told they were striking until 12.00, so I had to take my dd to a playzone while I waited for the post office to open. This £2.54 parcel cost me an extra £3.00 thanks to the playzone. Two and a half hours later they opened. The queue was enormous and they opened 15 minutes late. I was fed up by the time I got home. (nice to play with dd at the playzone though instead of housework)
      Amanda
      xx

Comment

What are they striking for this time?
        Surely it cant be pay again, with postage prices going up but no better service its really peeing me off, and I rarely use the PO at this stage.
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

The big secret is - they're not actually on strike. It's a plan to put them all on day release so they can go back to school and learn how to tell the difference between 'Southfield Lane' and 'Northfield Lane'....................they will also be doing number recognition after a 3 hour lunch break.

Comment

I still maintain they need some decent competition .......
            Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post
              The big secret is - they're not actually on strike. It's a plan to put them all on day release so they can go back to school and learn how to tell the difference between 'Southfield Lane' and 'Northfield Lane'....................they will also be doing number recognition after a 3 hour lunch break.

Totally agree!!

Bet its all Greek to them!!

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                Good idea.

Ive just realised Im expecting something form America, and this strike is gona delay it even more!!
                https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                  Ah, but that's the problem.

If there is competition in the marketplace, then Royal Mail need to make efficiencies, so that they can become competitive. The easiest target is to give the lower paid employees a lower pay rise (and then to reward bosses with a bumper pay rise in recognition of the progress they made in reducing costs). Lower paid (and unionised) employees are not happy with this suggestion, and therefore go out on strike.

If there was no competition, then there would be no need to make the business more profitable, so need to squeeze the lower paid more, so no need for them to strike.
                  It's never too late to gyrate!

Comment

This whole 'large letter' thing is still really annoying me. Just sent off my wedding invites and because there was a tiny tiny blip in the envelope where one piece of ribbon was folded over double I had to upgrade to the more expensive stamps for these tiny little envelopes!!

A friend at work sent out her wedding invites a few months ago and they too had a tiny little lump in them and royal mail withheld all of them. All the invitees had to go to the post office and pay the difference in the price of a normal and large letter stamp plus a £1 admin fee. She was mortified! So embarrassed!

Bring on some competition (either that or it should be a non profit making public service!!)
                    www.hellobeads.co.uk
                    Hello Beads Online Bead Shop- "Little Things, Great Joy"

Comment

Working...
                    X