Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headaches from Perfume?

Does anyone get this?

I like light floral/fruity fragrances so I bought some from Next a few weeks ago, called One Spirit.

After putting it on I get a nasty sharp headache for about twenty minutes.....weird!

I'm guessing this is aromatherapy related, different scents having different effects, but I don't know which particular scent is giving me the headache..or 'note'...I think they are 'notes' in perfume-speak.

It was £10 for a big bottle, and I think I'm going to have to give it to the DD....I really like it too!

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

I've never had that happen to me but I have heard of people who have. Would you put the perfume on again to double check that it was the scent that gave you the headache or if it was a coincidence?

Cheers.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I Did...

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
      I've never had that happen to me but I have heard of people who have. Would you put the perfume on again to double check that it was the scent that gave you the headache or if it was a coincidence?

Cheers.

Lisa

I've worn it three or four times now and always the same effect. This is a new one on me, I've never been irritated this way by fragrances before.

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

One of the entrances to my local big shopping centre has an escalator which goes right past 1 shop which absolutely stinks!!!!God knows what they sell as I cant go anywhere near it to find out.
        As soon as I get in the shopping centre door I hold my breath, get onto the escalator, still trying to hold my breath til I get to the top where I hope Ive managed ot pass the whiff.
        If I dont i get a mega headache after about 2 breaths of that smell.

Mobile phones also give me a headache.
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

I have to be extremely careful with fragrances. Some give me headaches and others give me a bad tummy. I have to try perfumes a couple of times and make sure that I'm ok before I buy a bottle. I've found it a good reason to go around my friends houses and try out all theirs ;-) well there's no point me buying some if I can't use it now is there? lol
          Caroline

You don't need talent to be artistic you just need patience!

www.potterdoodledoo.co.uk

Comment

Yes i get it all the time my daughter hates it because if we go out shopping theres not many perfume's she can put on as she knows it will make me bad but it all sorts of thnigs that have a smell even some soaps

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Sometimes I get headaches... I've also had rashes from perfumes... I think it might be the solvent content for the headaches.
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Yep, I agree, some smells to bring on headaches for me. I can't go anywhere near a Lush shop, as the combined, overpowering smells make me feel really sick. I find floral fragrances are the worst offenders for me, but loads of things set me off anyway (not enough fluid, not enough food, lighting, computers, you name it, I bet its given me a headache or brought on a migraine at some point in my life).

Carol
                Sparklez.co.uk
                Handmade Jewellery

Comment

The only thing I've experienced is a shower-gel my hubby once used. The smell made me feel like I'd banged my head. Not so much a headache but it certainly affected me.
                  Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I get on much better with mens aftershave - it is not so overpowering. I don't think I have a problem with most perfumes apart from the fact that I don't like many of them!!
                    Willowmax
                    Handcrafted Cards for Special Occassions
                    www.willowmaxdesign.com

email - [email protected]

Comment

I love perfume, I have them dotted over the house, but sometimes I get one which does give me a headache.

Going off the subject a bit but hair bands give me a headache too. I'm quite a headachy person. I don't really get ill luckily, but if anything I get headaches. Apparently its being an Aries, its a head sign.(sorry gone off the subject a bit) Next perfumes are lovely though and a bargin at £10 per bottle.
                      Amanda
                      xx

Comment

Headaches are a bummer.I worked night shifts for 10 years and i got headaches if i didn't get enough sleep, or if i was dehydrated. Working nights was tricky, i never wanted to drink a lot when it got close to home time as it made me want to get up alot to go to the loo when i went to bed in the morning, so of course you aren't getting enough fluid, which meant i got a headache, which meant i couldn't sleep any way!!!Thank goodness i gave that up, didn't realise how abnormal i felt until i started feeling normal again!!Now i sometimes suffer from the dehydration headache if i'm really busy at the Parlour, there is a lot of heat that is kicked out from 4 large freezers and 3 fridges, so i really need to remember to drink a lot at busy times....As for smells, those horrid car airfreshners, whoever invented the smells for those obviously dosn't drive much...
                        http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Daughter's Doing Well....

...two bottles of perfume she's scored off me today!

The aforementioned Next fragrance and some Elizabeth Arden Eau Fraiche that I bought from eBay and instantly hated! It was only a few pounds though....smells like peppery roses..eeeyuck!

I'm Cancer....does that affect the perfume headaches? I know it makes me a homebody, which I actually am, although I don't usually pay any attention to star signs etc.

Jules
                          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post

I'm Cancer....does that affect the perfume headaches? I know it makes me a homebody, which I actually am, although I don't usually pay any attention to star signs etc.

Jules
                            Not sure, I don't really take any notice of star signs, I like to let fate take its course, but I did read this somewhere once.
                            Amanda
                            xx

Comment

The only perfume that had ever given me a headache was Angel, it's sooo heavy!!

Comment

Working...
                              X