Washing Machine Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing Machine Blues

Hands up who hates washing machines!!!! They are great when they are working - but what a pain in the wotsits when theyre not. I have broken the motor on my washing machine and do you know what caused it - a sodding 1p piece. It was so small it got through the filter and jammed well and truely in the motor.

Ow I am not a happy camper, need to get a new machine - I hate it I need to take all the clothes to the piggin laundrette, what a waste of time sitting watching that lot go round!!!!! aarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!

Sorry need to moan when you have got 2 kids like mine who positively, absolutely, must change at least 3 times a flippin day. Wouldn't mind but they are 11 and 14 so not even lovely baby clothes to wash - big denims !!!!!!!! aaarrrggghhh!!!

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

can't exactly make candles while you are wasting time in the laundrette!
    I used to love the laundrette when I lived in the nursing home. I'd take a book and a bag of chocckys.
    I think our nearest laundrette is about 12 miles away, but now if mine breaks down, my mum is just round the corner anyway.
    My tumble drier is the next thing to replace. It's making really loud thudding noises. Time for a trip to the shops. (in our house though everytime one of the appliences breaks down, the other appliences fall sick in sympathy!!!)
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Sounds like a nightmare to me!
      They don't come cheap either.

Comment

oh dear, i hate it when things go wrong.We've had a Hotpoint Machine for about 13years now, it was the first thing we bought ourselves when hubby went self employed, we were sooo chuffed to be buying it cash, so it's got sentimental value!! It's had a couple of repairs along the way, brushes etc, but it's been really reliable.Hope you get a new one soon!!
        http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hotpoint is a good make - I think with things like Washing Machines that get used daily, you really need to spend that little bit extra - otherwise you will get some major headaches!

Comment

Yup - hate em but can't do without them. You don't really know how much you use your machine until it goes wrong, do you. I always frisk clothes, you never know how many tissues/wire/cards/rubbers/paperclips/pens, actually just about anything can get left in their pockets! Grrrrrrr

My children are the same as yours Lisa they're boys and 8 and 15yo. I keep telling them that just because they leave their clothes on the floor instead of folding them up - it doesn't mean they go in the wash!
            Annette

Comment

What a Pain.....

.......you don't realise how much your machine does until it conks out!

I can remember putting all our washing in the bath and swirling all about with a broom handle. Total pain when most of it was huge chef's whites....our oldest was 18 months before we had the cash to buy a washing machine! Couple of years ago we bought a Bosch washing machine - just brilliant!

My tumble drier is like an old friend. 16 years old, and second hand at that. I paid £30 and bought it from the local paper. Hadn't had t two days and the filter holder on the door broke. I thought I'd wasted my £30, but (touch wood) we've never had a problem with it since! It's a little tiny Creda and I love it....

Hope you get a new washer soon Lisa!

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts
              www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Well my machine is working but I just cant face the new mountain of clothes that has built up since last week... I have a toddler (boy) and a teenager (girl) so I'm sure you can imagine just how much washing they generate between them...you can never keep on top of it !

p.s. buying a new washing maching online could work out cheaper...
                Mel

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments. I am looking at the co-op website because they do quite a lot of electricals and the prices are pretty cheap. Will let you know, but Mount Etna is growing out of my laundry bin right now so better get something toot suite (as they would say in chitty chitty bang bang!!)

Cheers.

Lisa

(I still hate flippin washing machines, I really can't tell you how many I have went through and the past few years. My first one was a Phillps Whirlpool and lasted forever, would still have it just now but sold it with the house. I think I have went through 3 washing machines in as many years - no idea how many brushes I have used on the machines too!!! - I know I should check pockets, I do it 99.9% of the time but sometimes I just sort of feel the trousers instead of going through the pockets!!! - hubby is not best pleased - he says this is the last time if the new machine goes he is getting me a washing board and mangle - well his clothes would be the first to go unwashed I can tell you).

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                  www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                    Hi all,

Thanks for the comments. I am looking at the co-op website because they do quite a lot of electricals and the prices are pretty cheap. Will let you know, but Mount Etna is growing out of my laundry bin right now so better get something toot suite (as they would say in chitty chitty bang bang!!)

Cheers.

Lisa

(I still hate flippin washing machines, I really can't tell you how many I have went through and the past few years. My first one was a Phillps Whirlpool and lasted forever, would still have it just now but sold it with the house. I think I have went through 3 washing machines in as many years - no idea how many brushes I have used on the machines too!!! - I know I should check pockets, I do it 99.9% of the time but sometimes I just sort of feel the trousers instead of going through the pockets!!! - hubby is not best pleased - he says this is the last time if the new machine goes he is getting me a washing board and mangle - well his clothes would be the first to go unwashed I can tell you).

Cheers.

Lisa

LMFAO - You should teach him how to do the washing Lisa!
                    I have no choice in the matter. Share all the household duties.

Comment

Originally posted by BeadsbyLili View Post
                      p.s. buying a new washing maching online could work out cheaper...
                      try : www.pricerunner.co.uk

They do a search of all online sellers and you can sort by lowest price.
                      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Hope you get a new one soon Lisa. Our's jammed the other day and guess what we found in the coin trap??? Golf tee's!!! No one we know plays golf and we have NO idea how they got into the washing machine. We thought that Anya might have picked them up somewhere and had them in her pocket but the first thing she said when she saw them was 'What are those?' Anya is Marvo the memory woman so if she had seen them before we would have know about it!
                        Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                        My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                        My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Is it hoover and less than 7 years old, because they replaced our motor in our machine (when it brokedown and our ds was newborn!!) for £70, at the time this was a standard guarentee we didn't even need any paperwork. We just phoned the helpline and they came out and fixed for a call out fee of £70.
                          Amanda
                          xx

Comment

Originally posted by colourart View Post
                            Is it hoover and less than 7 years old, because they replaced our motor in our machine (when it brokedown and our ds was newborn!!) for £70, at the time this was a standard guarentee we didn't even need any paperwork. We just phoned the helpline and they came out and fixed for a call out fee of £70.
                            Hi Amanda,

It is an indesit thingy and I think it is about 2 years old. I never even thought to get in touch with the manufacturer for a price for the motor - generally you get an ooohhhhhh it's gonna cost missus type thing.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X