I haven't forgotten you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't forgotten you

Just been really busy and I just can't keep up with all the forum news. I've got a day off from the kids today so I've got my sewing machine out, got the radio on, got my coffee made and generally having a great day!

What's everyone else up to?
    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Little Snuggler, your day seems to be going very nicely. Paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork for me!

Also waiting for my dad to come round and mend the hover mower that he lent me, that my husband used and broke off the plastic blades - yes both off them and he also has done something else to it so that the handle seems to have become loosened from the frame??!! Have you guessed that my DH isn't that way inclined!

DH and youngest son have gone to his Brother and SILs (to hid from my Dad I reckon, who isn't the cheeriest soul) and my eldest is at his dad's until tonight.

Actually if it wasn't so early in the day and nice glass of red would go down a treat. lol

What's everyone else doing?
    Annette

Comment

Originally posted by Annette View Post
      Actually if it wasn't so early in the day and nice glass of red would go down a treat. lol
      I'm actually working in my DH's clothes shop. It's in a visitor centre with honey farm, birds of prey, café, bakery, bla, bla, bla and the sun is shining. So far there's not many customers around so hence I can do lots of sewing.

Good luck with the mower! My DH isn't too handy either
      Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
      Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Sewing.....

......and more sewing.

I'm tackling this net petticoat that I need for the Hanger Dance next Saturday. It was quite a daunting task, but I'm getting there. I'm on the last layer now, which is a cotton lawn to protect my seamed nylons from the net!

I'd rather be doing Caroline's aprons...I've cut out all the apron pieces, and the pockets and felt lettering, but I'm waiting on some new tape for the straps. I found hot pink tape on eBay! I shall take the letters with me in the car, so I can get on with them during the journey to Northamptonshire on Thursday, and whilst I'm at Mum's.

We'll be away until Monday evening.....5 days of child-free bliss! We're bringing the oldest back from Uni in York on Monday too, so it'll be nice to see him again.

Right back to the sewing machine for a bit, then a coffee break whilst I watch my nerdy tv programme.

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts
        www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I'm busy finishing a painting for a customer in Canada.

Little Snuggler, you're so lucky it sounds like you're in perfect surroundings. I'm painting here at home and the sun is shining outside. I want to be in the sunshine.............definately going out this afternoon.
          Amanda
          xx

Comment

Jules - and what nerdy programme would that be then?

You're all so lucky we have no sunshine here in my part of Devon, it's a very overcast day I'm afraid.
            Annette

Comment

Finished my painting..... now wheres that sunshine.
              Amanda
              xx

Comment

Hiya, we've had sunshine in Wiltshire so we've been feeling all 'garden' and been down to one of the local schools which holds a weekend plant sale ! Its sooo much cheaper than the gardening centre - came back with a trayful of goodies: geraniums, lobelia, marigolds, petunias, snap dragons and a little rosemary pot all for under a tenner !! Just got to pot 'em in now....
                Mel

Comment

Me im doing my nappy cake and wedding towel orders. its lovely and sunny outside might go and sit outside for a bit and enjoy the weather while its here

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Nerdy program....

Originally posted by Annette View Post
                    Jules - and what nerdy programme would that be then?
                    Swiss Railway Journeys.....

We watch it for the views of Switzerland, not the incredibly nerdy railway bits, which make your brain glaze over.....

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts
                    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

It's is raining here so just went out to the shops, got my father in law a new summer jacket for his birthday (hope we get a summer for him to wear it). My daughter and me were eyeing up the bikinis and summer clothes. We are going to go next week and get our holiday gear - only 4 weeks til we go so really should start getting organised.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I sold at a boot-fair this morning and then I've take advantage of the bright, but-not-too-bright weather and taken some photos.

I've updated both my websites (not a hint!) with new products and now I think I might tackle tidying my workshop (I call it a workshop, it's the garage!) It might take my a while as I'm a very slovenly worker!
                        Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Well for a complete change, I got woken up by such wonderful sunshine through my bedroom window this morning. I was down on the farm just after 8.30 doing some pouring and painting. Then went to pick Gen up from mums. They had taken her to their caravan near Bridlington, apparently it was very cold over there this morning. They even had the fire on until they set off! Dad wouldn't believe me when he called me this morning and I said how hot it was here.

Hubby is back tonight, he's been visiting his family all weekend for his dads 75th birthday - aka inlaws from HELL! We have a mutual hatred of each other, actually, not that's not true, they hate me and the way that I've been treated by them has led to it being reciprocated. But that's another story lol.

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
                          I'd rather be doing Caroline's aprons...I've cut out all the apron pieces, and the pockets and felt lettering, but I'm waiting on some new tape for the straps. I found hot pink tape on eBay! I shall take the letters with me in the car, so I can get on with them during the journey to Northamptonshire on Thursday, and whilst I'm at Mum's.

We'll be away until Monday evening.....5 days of child-free bliss! We're bringing the oldest back from Uni in York on Monday too, so it'll be nice to see him again.
                          Jules
                          You could drop them off on your way back and save me the postage!!! lmao. The hot pink tape sounds fantastic I can't wait until they're finished, although as I said before, there's no rush.
                          Caroline

You don't need talent to be artistic you just need patience!

www.potterdoodledoo.co.uk

Comment

Ive been busy today, have been to the tip to get rid of loads of junk, still loads more to get rid of yet though. Have been and bougt our two boys new bikes. Only eldest son needed one really for his paper round, but had to buy youngest one as well.

Have also just finished watching the first series of ER. Have rented it from our local video shop. Enjoyed it that much went and got series 2 as i am well and truly hooked. No time to watch it tonight though as it is the end of 24 tonight and cant miss that.
                            www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
                            for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
                            www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
                            craftyaddicts blog site
                            www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
                            My personal blog
                            http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

[quote=Apple Tree Crafts;32265]......and more sewing.

I'm tackling this net petticoat that I need for the Hanger Dance next Saturday. It was quite a daunting task, but I'm getting there. I'm on the last layer now, which is a cotton lawn to protect my seamed nylons from the net!That's funny, we are also going to a Hanger Dance next Sat. It's Debach Airfield open weekend so we will be exhibiting our vehicles, another weekend away, yipeeeeeeee. I've got a dress that is 1940's style, and a flying jacket that i can say is my GI's !!!! Red lipstick, and hair curled and i'm there!!I can't wait, all that jiving.....As for today the weather has been really misty, the shop was heaving all weekend so i'm utting my weary feet up with a glass of wine...
                              http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X