• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I delete web pages?

I'VE MANAGED TO WORK IT OUT FOR MYSELF!

All sorted and pages have been deleted!

----------------

Over the weekend somebody bought something off my website that hasn't been on there for ages. After doing a bit of investigating, I realised that even if there were no existing links to one of my old pages on my current website, if you knew the url and used .html you could still access my old pages. I've deleted them off my computer, but it would appear you can STILL access them even though I've deleted them?

Can anybody tell me how I delete webpages so that they can't ever be accessed again?
    Last edited by JBJB; 14-05-2007, 09:39 PM. Reason: Managed to work it out
    Blog Website Flickr

How did you solve the problem

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
    I'VE MANAGED TO WORK IT OUT FOR MYSELF!

All sorted and pages have been deleted!

----------------

Over the weekend somebody bought something off my website that hasn't been on there for ages. After doing a bit of investigating, I realised that even if there were no existing links to one of my old pages on my current website, if you knew the url and used .html you could still access my old pages. I've deleted them off my computer, but it would appear you can STILL access them even though I've deleted them?

Can anybody tell me how I delete webpages so that they can't ever be accessed again?
    I have the same problem... How did you solve it..?

Comment

Deleting Web Pages from the Web

Can you please tell me how you solved the problem, Thanks.

Comment

This is from May last year, and the original poster hasn't been here for a while.

Comment

you could use a FTP client ( File transfer protocol ) and select the page you want removed and just delete it. Using FTP Clients needs information about your site, but this should be available from your host.

Comment

Thanks for your help... I need to find the file I uploaded it from then maybe I can delete it.

Comment

Depends how you upload your pages. They will be ftp'd one way or another from your computer to the server at your web hosting company. The files have to be deleted off the host server, and not just your computer. If you do it directly you can use FileZilla a fab opensource (ie free) ftp software.
              Last edited by cupcake; 27-11-2008, 06:29 PM. Reason: typo
              Elinor
              x

My Misi page
              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X