Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mother Strikes Again!

I am sat here in tears.

Himself has just returned from putting my Mum on the early Northampton bus. After spending a week with us, my mum is wending her way home to help my Dad fit their new kitchen. They are both in their 70's and put me to shame with what they achieve.

So, Himself has just walked through the door with a carrier bag. I thought my mother had left it behind, but no. Inside is more than £200 worth of clothes that I thought she had bought for herself (she always carefully listens to my opinions & taste) and I loved everything she'd bought.

The clothes in the bag were for me! She knew I'd get soppy about them, so she gave them to Gary to deliver them.......My Mum is just so brilliant! I'm just off to the Interflora site....

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Sounds like you have a mum in a million there ... she deserves the flowers after that gift.
    Caroline

You don't need talent to be artistic you just need patience!

www.potterdoodledoo.co.uk

Comment

What a great gift and what a great Mom, you're very lucky to have such a great lady in your life.
      Anice xx
      Last edited by Funkyhand; 10-05-2007, 09:32 AM. Reason: Poor spelling!!
      Funkyhand x
      my website
      http://www.funkyhand.com
      my blog (updated 09/06/10)
      http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
      Follow me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Aw Jules, your mum is lovely. I am sorry if my mum stayed with me for a week I would need to put a restraining order on myself to stop me from killing her!!! I can take my mum in small doses but a full week. Don't get me wrong my mum is great but drives me absolutely nuts. Forgets that I will be 40 next year and not 14.

Get her a lovely bunch of flowers.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I've got a great mum too, just wish i got to see her more often.

That was a lovely thing she done for you. Hope she likes the flowers.
          Emma
          Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
          Sassy Crafts Blog
          My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
            I've got a great mum too, just wish i got to see her more often.
            Now I think you have cracked the nail on the head. My mum stays near me it might be different if I had a distance to travel, absence makes the heart grown fonder as they say. Or in my case familiarity breeds contempt!!!

hehe
            Lisa
            Bowed Over
            Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Oh your mum sounds like the best mum ever how lovely of her

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                Now I think you have cracked the nail on the head. My mum stays near me it might be different if I had a distance to travel, absence makes the heart grown fonder as they say. Or in my case familiarity breeds contempt!!!

hehe
                Lisa
                Lisa, my Mom is 200 miles away so I only see her now and again and I think that is why I have a good relationship too.. but I think it would be my Dad that I would need restraining from if they lived closer I have to admit..he's great but when I lived at home we never stopped fighting. They are visiting this weekend so that something to look forward to!!
                Anice xx
                Funkyhand x
                my website
                http://www.funkyhand.com
                my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                Follow me on Twitter
                http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

So Cool!

Just phoned the florist in my Mum's village as they are an Interflora florist. Turns out the florist's sister lives opposite my Mum! The bouquet will be delivered to the sister and she's going to watch for my Mum arriving home at about 12pmish, and catch Mum as she gets out of the car!

We've had a right giggle on the phone, me & the florist. She's put together a bouquet with all my Mum's favourites, lots of freesias etc, and not charged me a penny for delivery!

Tried to get hold of my Bro, to see if he could go & take photos of my Mum's face, but he's out golfing....not to worry.

P.S. I take back what I said about UK customer service!

Jules
                  Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by Funkyhand View Post
                    Lisa, my Mom is 200 miles away so I only see her now and again and I think that is why I have a good relationship too.. but I think it would be my Dad that I would need restraining from if they lived closer I have to admit..he's great but when I lived at home we never stopped fighting. They are visiting this weekend so that something to look forward to!!
                    Anice xx

I was the same with my dad, but now we live in different parts of the country all is well. Seeing my parents this weekend too, looking forward to it as its been about a month.

Jules, you mum sounds lovely, what a nice thought.
                    Amanda
                    xx

Comment

Awwwwwwww Jules, that's lovely. My mum died when I was 10, and I know that had she lived we would have had huuuge rows when I grew up and I wouldn't have done even a tenth of the things I have done [ ] but I still wonder what it would have been like.

And I could have complained in person about her genetically landing me with these non-slinky hips.
                      Heather
                      Pretty Things Handmade Jewellery

Website - www.prettythingsjewellery.co.uk

Destash bead and papercrafting shop - http://www.misi.co.uk/handmade/BlackCatBeads.html

New blog - www.prettythingsandwitterings.blogspot.com

Comment

I Got...

...the short legs, the big bum, and the ever ex-panding hips. But I didn't get the nose! My sister got that.....hah! It's a corker too!

I do worry about my parents now. Recently it's hit me that we don't have lots of time left...the years go far too fast.

Jules
                        Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Make the most of what you've got when you've got it, thats what i think anyway. My Nain (Nan) is 89 years of age and still going strong, besides my mum she is my favourite person in the world. Sometimes i think she'll out live me as she's such a strong willed person.

Think i'll go phone her now, haven't spoken to her for a while.
                          Emma
                          Sassy Crafts Blog
                          My Blog

Comment

You're absolutely right Emma. Both my parents are dead now, and there are things I still wish I could ask them. Like ... how come they didn't tell me they had both been married before, that my sisters were actually only my half sisters on my mother's side and that I have a really cool half brother on my father's side in Canada, along with a sister in law, a neice and a nephew?
                            Heather
                            Pretty Things Handmade Jewellery

Website - www.prettythingsjewellery.co.uk

Destash bead and papercrafting shop - http://www.misi.co.uk/handmade/BlackCatBeads.html

New blog - www.prettythingsandwitterings.blogspot.com

Comment

Ooops, my mum has just read this and corrected me my nain is 81 not 89, i did know but the kids were talking to me when i was writing it.

Stupid me!
                              Emma
                              Sassy Crafts Blog
                              My Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X