Councils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Councils

Were at the site of the potential new Parlour today.....
    Due to planning regulations etc the council said we would need to apply for change of use on the premises in order to sell food. And then said 'don't bother as we won't grant permision' (they don't want any more cafes in that area)
    So when we went today were we surprised to see (another) Subway (fast food) cafe right up the street!!!!!
    Well to cut a long story short the agent basically admitted they let them open without the right planning on their premises because 'they are a widely recognised shop!!!!!!!
    It's all about how big your wallet is which really really irritates me, they should be supporting local people not the big food chains!!!
    There's a loophole (good for us) that says if it is an internet cafe we would open with the planning it already has.
    So tough we arent give up that easily!! And think of the hours i could clock up on here!!!!
    Sorry had to shout at someone and you lot are always there!!!
    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Today's Jobs Worth Award.....

goes to......(drumroll)......ICG's local council!

Pity you couldn't have recorded that stupid bloke's conversation, then gone to your local paper!

We're fighting with our local council over council tax. For the past 6 years we were Band D, then, all of a sudden, with no warning, we are in Band B. We've been told this is a computer error, but they are still chasing us for the extra money......stupid gits!

BTW Everywhere needs an Ice Cream Parlour....I think they should be compulsory!

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Don't get me started with councils. We stay in a quiet area in Bearsden just outside Glasgow. However as this is classed as one of the better areas in Glasgow house prices are very high for Scotland. Cala homes have built a huge complex of luxury flats and because they gave a backhander to the council they did not have to put any "affordale housing" in the development. The b*stard council set up a ruling that any new builds must put in a certain amount of affordable housing in any new development. So what has happended because they took the cash Cala homes are building 40 "affordable housing" flats in one area, and there is actually another 2 developments all backing onto each other. Thousands of residents have complained, went to meatings, petitioned that a) Cala should stick with the split of social housing/ordinary b) the 3 developments are in a very small area that is one of the few green belts left c) the 3 developments will all be using the 1 road which has problems with access as it is how is it going to cope with 3.

We went to a meeting where our local councillor (Vaugan B*stard Moody). We asked where were the kids going to play when they take the parkland away. The a*sehole actually said they could go to Mugdock Park - it is 10 miles away at least!!! What a f*nny!!

Ow sorry I am off on a tupney. But to add to that the b*stard council has put in place the 2 weekly bin uplifts. With a family of 4 our bin is always full each week. We usually take any extra bags up to the dump so they are not left lying around. We had 2 bags last week and said well it is twice weekly uplifts surely if we leave it beside the bin they will pick it up - no they left them and by the time we got home the foxes had scattered them all up and down the street (aarrrggghhh). Phoned the council right away - and you know what they said - we will send someone out to show you how to recycle effectively - we know how to recycle effectively but the crazy thing is the recycle boxes (and I mean boxes) get up lifted weekly but because they are so small when the boxes are full we need to put them in the bin!!!

OW I HATE THE COUNCIL.

And if you are still awake after that rant - good on you.

Lisa

Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I can sympathise with the bins thing, Ours only get emptied everyother week and the recycling the other weeks. But the warmer weather is coming andif it was like last year we seemed to have a constant supply of maggotts streamingout of the bin. we tryed weighing the lid down making sure the rubbish was double bagged which is bad for enviroment, but nothing worked. Constant flies around the recycling, and we only have atiny back yard, so we had to keep the windows and the door shut all through the summer. But the council says it is not a real problem, they told everyone else who complained the same thing. Its disgusting.

Do you all think we all need a holiday as everyone seems quite stressed out!!!!
        www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
        for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
        www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
        craftyaddicts blog site
        www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
        My personal blog
        http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

We Need To....

...emigrate....

My personal choice would be Switzerland. It's SO incredibly clean & tidy there....we don't get a holiday very often, because we save up to go to Switzerland. I bl**dy hate coming home.....Last time, it was mid August, persisting it down with rain, and we'd been in two queues within half an hour of landing...more queuing before we got out of Heathrow....Jings, we knew we were back in UK! Oh yes, and litter everywhere....lovely!

Right! Time for action! Where's my lottery ticket? I'm sure it must be my turn for the big win....

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts
          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Housing and Bins....

Our lovely council want to sell a load of empty land to a big developer to build new homes right near me, only thing is it's just over the sea wall, where the sea is at this very moment in time breaking up the prom, the area in question is a high risk flood area, especially when the prom falls into the sea which it dosn't look long for....
            Like i said it's all about money..
            As for recycling. I had a friend who worked for the council and he swore he saw all the bins going in the same land fill hole, so all that time seperating stuff.......

I'm up for a good moan this morning, i don't feel very well, gotta go and be nice to customers as well....

Comment

How right you are - all down to money - doesn't matter what happens to the area or the poor people who will no doubt get flooded annually or have their houses fall into the sea - as long as the council gets it's money to have it's AGM in the Bahama's they don't care!!!

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH B*stared Councils!!!
              Bowed Over
              Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
                There's a loophole (good for us) that says if it is an internet cafe we would open with the planning it already has.
                Use the law on your side then.. Take on the loophole..

So open a internet cafe with only 1 PC in it.. yours.. Then offer ice cream whilst people wait to use the computer.. lol..

Its would make a great story for the local news paper..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

You must be a mind reader Mr Media!!!
                  But we were thinking, 2 or 3 computer terminals......

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
                    2 or 3 computer terminals......
                    hmm.. Ice cream and computers..odd mix hehehehe...

Comment

We don't just sell ice cream, it's a coffee shop as well. If i could post blinking pictures on here without being told they are 'too big' you would be able to see.
                      Really the attatchment thing is anoying the hell out of me. I have the picture files re szed to what should be small enough but they won't up load
                      Anyway off to serve the hoards, byeeeeeee

Comment

For picture please use the gallery ..

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/photoplog/

You can link them up in posts

Comment

Chance would be a fine thing.....

Cant up load them the forum keeps telling me they are toooooo BIG!!!!!! If i made them any smaller you wouldn't be able to see them!!!!
                          Oh to post them Anywhere would be nice.........

Comment

Try getting a flickr account - it will automatically re size them for you when you upload them!
                            Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                            My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                            My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Working...
                            X