Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so fed up...

Come on chaps, cheer me up!

I haven't sold a Snuggler for ages (due to the weather I know). I've joined 2 more forums and still no interest. Just when I got a start-up grant and things were looking up it seems like I've got the whole of the summer to get through.

Don't get me wrong, I love the summer, but I'm just twiddling my thumbs and can't get motivated.

Boo, hoo!!!
    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

I know how you feel, it's so frustrating when you're not making sales. I agree though that it prob comes down to the time of year. A girl at work has jusy had a baby and I thought about your snugglers but decided it is not the right weather now (sorry!!!). How are your other crafts doing?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Helen, have you thought about making some comfort blankets or even buggy liners in nice summery fabric, that way us mums can keep the buggies clean without over heating the kids.

Just a thought - tell me to shut up if it's a stupid idea
      Emma
      Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
      Sassy Crafts Blog
      My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
        Helen, have you thought about making some comfort blankets or even buggy liners in nice summery fabric, that way us mums can keep the buggies clean without over heating the kids.

Just a thought - tell me to shut up if it's a stupid idea
        I've got a couple of buggy liners on my site but I don't want to go ahead and make loads of them in case they don't sell. I'll get a couple more put on over the next few days and see what the reaction is.
        Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk

Comment

Oh i do hope you get to sell some soon im lucky with my nappy cakes as there an all year round thing do you make any other kinds of baby stuff

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

I would go down the buggy liner road. You have the snugglers for the winter and the liners for the warmer months. Should keep you going all year round. Knowing you the liners will be gorgeous.

Good luck.

Lisa
            Bowed Over
            Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Sending you a hug Helen

You have the talent and the machine skills, so i agree with the others, think of a more summery item to add to your listing.

...I like Em's idea of a comfort balnket/taggie type thing? maybe a small one which clips onto the buggy to keep baby amused?
              Would work well with your fabircs
              Cheer up hun
              incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
              ___

Comment

Hi Helen,

some smilies to cheer you up.

I think its difficult at the moment generally, keep smiling and the buggy liners seem like a good idea. Come the winter when you're busy, you'll be wishing it was summer again!!
                Amanda
                xx

Comment

Cheer Up!

EM's buggy liners are a great idea...I used to struggle to keep my babies cool when we lived in warmer climes. What about changing bags or buggy bags? You can never have enough storage on a buggy. Nappy bags for nurseries, not buggies?

Cheer up! You could always sew lots of cosys, ready for winter.

I used to buy & line Moses baskets, they sold well, but I lost interest as my children grew older.

Jules
                  Apple Tree Crafts
                  www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Thanks chaps, there's some great ideas and loads of support and encouragement. I'm going to make a few liners over the next few days and get them on my site then I'll go from there.

Thanks again
                    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk

Comment

One thing to rember is that the avg business aims to break even after 3 years of trading..

Look towards the furture.. Test your market.. Once tested .. Test some more.. Test advertising.. Test budgets..

If you lucky enough to profit in the first year then maybe you need to invest more!!!

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I've made a new Buggy Liner today so will post a pic when I photo it tomorrow.

Watch this space...
                        Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X