Getting to know you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to know you!

As you can tell i'm a bit bored at the moment (my excuse for being nosey!) and thought it would be nice to get to know you all a bit better by knowing where your from/living.

I moved from my home town Dolgellau in North Wales 8 years ago to another small town in Mid Wales called Llanidloes, it's a very pretty place - take a look if you like: http://www.llanidloes.com/index.html
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Hi Emma

I love Powys we went there on holiday a few years ago and I'd love to move there cos it's so pretty.

Me, I live in a small village a mile outside of Newmarket Suffolk but grew up all of 20 miles away in a small village near Sudbury.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I am originally from Wiltshire but moved to the Midlands when I was 18 to live with my BF, who met on holiday. We live in south Staffs, on the edge of Cannock Chase which is beautiful. One day we would like to live in a little village, over looking the countryside. I need to sell a few more mosaics though...
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Ahh your place looks nice.
        I was an 'Army Brat' and was born in Germany. Moved down to Felixstowe when my dad was posted here (the barracks is in Colchester) when i was 10. Mum and Dad settled here because me and sis were going to high school.
        Before that we lived in Yorkshire, York and Harrogate. Went back to Harrogate for an Ice cream show a couple of years ago and was blown away at how posh it is, don't remember it being like that when we lived there!!
        Living by the sea is nice, i'm only a minute walk from the 'beach' so nice for doggie walking....
        http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Born in Llandovery Cottage Hospital, brought up in Pembroke, South Wales til the age of 13 then moved to Devon, where they all spoke in a real Devon Drawl and couldn't understand a word.

Here in Devon you can live here for twenty years and still not be a local.

But anyway lived here ever since, met my husband who is a Cornishman and have two loverly boys.

Have now reached 40 and am the happiest I've ever been in my life and much more relaxed. As my husband said last night after my youngest in his excitement of showing his Dad his new shoes, swung round and launches it into my Huge water butt!! The worst thing was he just stood there transfixed, it was his dad who rescued it. I just sat there and laughed, nearly wet myself .

The other thing is I do GABBLE...

Annette
          Annette

Comment

I was born in Birmingham and then at age 3 my parents moved us to Tamworth about 20 miles outside where I lived until 1994. I then moved to Newcastle upon Tyne with my ex-husband and I have been here ever since! I love living in Newcastle. When I first moved here I couldn't understand anyone and they couldn't understand me but after all this time I just have to translate for my parents when they visit!
            The only problem is now when I am here, everyone says I have a Brummy accent and at home they call me 'Geordie'...I don't belong anywhere!!!
            Anice xx
            Funkyhand x
            my website
            http://www.funkyhand.com
            my blog (updated 09/06/10)
            http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
            Follow me on Twitter
            http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

I was born in Glasgow and have lived here all my life. Moving around the area. I live in Bearsden with my husband and 2 kids Conner who is 14 (going on 40) and Nicola who is 11. I live in Bearsden which is a nice suburb just outside Glasgow. If you have been watching the news lately the best place to bring up children is East Dunbartonshire in Scotland - guess where Bearsden is - East Dunbartonshire Scotland so there is a reason by paying a huge mortgage then!!

I work full time for the Renal Department in the NHS and every other spare minute I get I am either on this flippin forum or making my candles.

Bowed Over
              Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I too was born in birmingham but we moved to a cottage in Brindle when i was about 2 when my mum wanted to get away from very intefering mother-in-law!!! A couple of years later we moved to chorley in lancashire and have been here ever since.

Heather
                www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
                for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
                www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
                craftyaddicts blog site
                www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
                My personal blog
                http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

Originally posted by Funkyhand View Post
                  The only problem is now when I am here, everyone says I have a Brummy accent and at home they call me 'Geordie'...I don't belong anywhere!!!
                  I have the same problem - when I lived in Wiltshire everyone said I sounded like I was from London, as that's where my parent sare from. Then, living up here, peaple say you can tell I'm not local, but when I go home or speak to my friends, they say I sound like a Brummie! I don't belong anywhere either!!!
                  Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Are You Sitting Comfortably?

...Then I will begin.....

I, too, am a Forces brat. I was born in Holland, and spent the first 6 years of my life moving around Europe.

We had a brief spell in Havant, Hampshire, when I started nursery, but were quickly posted back to Holland.

My Dad took his final posting in Bedfordshire and we lived at Shortstown (which I understand is now a dump...) until 1976. After Dad left the RAF we went to live in Sale, Cheshire.

Dad was working in the burgeoning oil industry and by 1980 we were living in Glasgow, not far from Lisa in Bearsden. We lived in a boring village called Torrance but I went to Boclair Academy in Bearsden.

I met my other half whilst visiting my mum's relatives in Somerset, and we married just before my 17th birthday (everyone gave us a few months...24 yrs ago...oh ye of little faith...)

We have four children, Rhys, Philippa, James & Sam who are 21, 17, 13 and 10. One at Uni, one at college, one at seconday and one at primary.

Since getting married, we've lived in Germany, Somerset, Aberdeenshire and now back to Somerset...

Not bad for someone of 40....Can you imagine my accent?

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts
                    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Wow Jules, you've been around.........hehe. You deserve a medal for being married for that long especially as you married so young.
                      Emma
                      Sassy Crafts Blog
                      My Blog

Comment

Hi never been there maybe some dayxxxx
                        Mollymandy

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
                          ...Then I will begin.....

I, too, am a Forces brat. I was born in Holland, and spent the first 6 years of my life moving around Europe.

We had a brief spell in Havant, Hampshire, when I started nursery, but were quickly posted back to Holland.

My Dad took his final posting in Bedfordshire and we lived at Shortstown (which I understand is now a dump...) until 1976. After Dad left the RAF we went to live in Sale, Cheshire.

Dad was working in the burgeoning oil industry and by 1980 we were living in Glasgow, not far from Lisa in Bearsden. We lived in a boring village called Torrance but I went to Boclair Academy in Bearsden.

I met my other half whilst visiting my mum's relatives in Somerset, and we married just before my 17th birthday (everyone gave us a few months...24 yrs ago...oh ye of little faith...)

We have four children, Rhys, Philippa, James & Sam who are 21, 17, 13 and 10. One at Uni, one at college, one at seconday and one at primary.

Since getting married, we've lived in Germany, Somerset, Aberdeenshire and now back to Somerset...

Not bad for someone of 40....Can you imagine my accent?

Jules
                          So you have a dutch hampshire bedfordshire Cheshire Glaswegian German Somerset Aberdonian Somerset again accent!!!!!

lol

Lisa
                          Bowed Over
                          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Well, I'm from the lovely island of Trinidad and Tobago. Left there when I was 19 to live in America. Lived in New Jersey with my sister and cousins for close to 10 yrs. Life was becoming stressful and depressing and came to England. My Mum always wanted me to come to England, she loves it very much. My older sister came to England when she was young and studied nursing and when my Mum came to visit her she just loved the place.
                            Anyway I spent 4 yrs over here but missed America, so I went back, spent 5 yrs and realised that England was the place I want to spend the rest of my life. Love the country and have met some very nice people including my partner! I have my brother and his family living here as well which is nice and I talk constantly with my sis on the phone.

I moved to Cambridge a year and a half ago to live with my partner who not only works as a full-time fundraiser but is also a published poet with two collections and is writing his novel. He has introduced me to the world or poetry and I have started doing poetry performance at the CB1 Cafe in Cambridge......I love it, a bit nerve racking standing in front of an audience but I love it and I Have also performed at the open mike session at the Auldeburgh Poetry Festival last november and I am hoping to be a lot more performances this year.....open mike and hopefully small readings, but I know nothing comes easy. Oh celebrated my 43rd on Monday!!

Sorry for going on a bit
                            www.simplyroslyn.co.uk

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cards2Inspire

Comment

Happy Birthday Roslyn for last Monday.
                              Emma
                              Sassy Crafts Blog
                              My Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X