The virus got me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The virus got me!!

I am now feeling 100% fit... well not me actually but my computer who suddenly began acting strangely yesterday and throwing spywear stuff up everytime I tried to do anything. Every time i did anything,I got pop ups telling me that i had a virus and spywaer and malwear( the same thing i think) and asking if I wanted to to be refered to a site that had the softwear to remove it. I got very upset and incredibly stressed! I managed to get onto a forum type help page and saw that they had step by step removal processes and ever on for the challange I tried it...... DISASTER!!!!. I ran scans with the Norton but it didn't pick up on anything andThen this morning it got worse. When I turned on the computer there was a great big red x on the norton telling me it had a problem and was disabled.
    I was expecting the boiler service man to call and so i couldn't really devote time to sorting out the computer till thatwas done.
    eventually I rang Norton and gladly paid £47.00 to have a man in India (or somewhere like that) hijack my computer and talk to me on the phone whilst he investigated the deep dark resesses of my computer and eradicated the virus (4 in total). I just sat back and watched as my computer curser was moved here and there and I just said yes or no to a multitude of questions.
    Anyway touch wood.... my computer is now cleared up and the boys have been read the riot act about what they can and can't do on the computer (Don't know if they did it in the first place!)
    Next time I'll just ring Norton straight away Thank you Rengaswamy!!!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

3rd person this week I know with problems..

Please update your anti virus now!!!!

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I have just sorted my sons computer out. Word of warning to all this virus is getting spread through MSN messenger. What happens when a machine gets infected is the virus gets sent to all the MSN addresses that are on that computer. You receive an e-mail from someone you know (obviously because you are part of their MSN group) it says something to the effect of here are some picutres for you or something like that. As soon as you click on the link you have had it because the cycle begins and all your MSN messenger contacts will receive an e-mail from you. My son got this but thankfully his MSN quota had been exceeded (whatever that means) and the e-mails bounced back to him.

I have spent a lot of time (and many thanks Mr Media) trying to get shot of the virus. In the end I totally scrubbed the hard drive and reinstalled it. I am not a fan of MSN messenger really and this has really put me off ever signing up with them.

Lisa
      Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I have matcash f on mine and have tried to remove several times to no effect!!! Looks like a full system restore for me at the weekend.

Debbie
        www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Originally posted by zebra View Post
          I have matcash f on mine and have tried to remove several times to no effect!!! Looks like a full system restore for me at the weekend.

zebra sorry i couldn't help.. It got to that point with lisa..

Its hard saying how to do thing via pm to lol

Best of luck

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
          (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post

Please update your anti virus now!!!!
            I've got norton 2007. Is there anything better then that?
            full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
              I've got norton 2007. Is there anything better then that?
              I don't know if it is your anti virus protection really. I think when this buggering virus gets in it is so hard to find and get rid of. I tried for days and days doing every kind of thing imaginable (again thanks Mr Media for all the help)but I still couldn't get rid of it. Searched the web for it and did what all the technibble and techguys etc said and every time I rebooted it was there.

I did a full system reboot yesterday and my son is happy as a pig in poop because it worked (obviously scraped everything that was on the machine with the reinstall) and he can now go back onto his World of Warcraft game thingy that he was getting serious withdrawal symptoms.

If you are like myself and not very up on the whole computer thing (I can switch it on and off and do a mean craft forum surf) I would just reinstall it it will save time in the long run. Pain in the bum having to put all your stuff back onto the machine again but at least your "house will be clean" (having said that wasn't very clean in the Poltergeist movie was it!!!).

Hope this helps.

Lisa
              Bowed Over
              Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Hmmm our Virus Scan picked up 2 lots of Adware tonight - first time we've had anything in ages.

Glad hubby installed a super-duper Anti-virus package this week - I hope that's not tempting Mr Sod and his law
                Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I re subscribed to Norton the other day as i had one day left before it ran out. I decided against the freebie ones (AVG) as i couldn't be bothered to mess around too much. It was suppose to be £40 for the year but because i'm VAT registered they knocked the VAT off so only paid £33, not bad i thought!
                  Emma
                  Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                  Sassy Crafts Blog
                  My Blog

Comment

My Daughter Had this...

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                    I have just sorted my sons computer out. Word of warning to all this virus is getting spread through MSN messenger. What happens when a machine gets infected is the virus gets sent to all the MSN addresses that are on that computer. You receive an e-mail from someone you know (obviously because you are part of their MSN group) it says something to the effect of here are some picutres for you or something like that. As soon as you click on the link you have had it because the cycle begins and all your MSN messenger contacts will receive an e-mail from you. My son got this but thankfully his MSN quota had been exceeded (whatever that means) and the e-mails bounced back to him.
                    Luckily we had System Mechanic on a free 30 day trial and it picked it up immediately and dumped it before it could do too much damage. It also picked up the damage and repaired it.

I hate the MSN but the daughter spends hours on it......

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts
                    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Working...
                    X