Anyone got a remedy for the runs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a remedy for the runs?

Sorry chaps, probably not what you want to think about at the moment but my 3 year old little boy has got a really nasty S&D bug. He's been badly since Friday night and I'd just like to give him something to bung him up!

Might have to give the Doc a ring tomorrow.
    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

I was told once to just give fluids when my boy was bad a few years ago. I would recommend you contact the doctor as having s&d since friday is a long time for a three year old. I think it's worth checking anything like that out if it lasts longer than 48 hours.

Hope he feels better soon.
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Comment

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Helen...Hope the little fellas ok soon ! None of mine have ever had that so I'm no help i'm afraid but wanted to pass on best wishes anyway.
      Lorraine xx
      Handmade Country Decor & Needful Things

Comment

Don't stop it, it's there for a reason! Give him glucose water if he can't hold anything down.

Comment

Can't give any advice, sorry. But sending (((hugs))) and get well soon wishes.
          I would get some advice, as em said, 3 days does seem a long time to have S&D for a little one??
          incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
          ___

Comment

theres a bug or something going round, was at the hospital with a broken foot at the weekend, just after i got back from my holiday and got placed in a cubicle next to a father who was telling the nurse in great detail (wasnt eavesdropping he was talking pretty loud!) about how his sons toilet trouble that week, won't go into detail as it wasnt pretty but i heard the nurse say that it was going round. Didnt hear what she said to do though as the doc came to me at that point.

Sorry i cant help you but i hope he gets better soon!!
            my craft website - www.clarescraftycabin.co.uk
            new swap site - http://clarescraftycab.proboards81.com/index.cgi
            my dolls house miniatures site - www.claresminimansions.co.uk

Comment

Definitely don't do anything to try and bung him up (so to speak), best to let him get it out of his system just keep him hydrated.

Hope he gets better soon.

Lisa

Bowed Over
              Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Definately give him loads of water, the runs can dehydrate the person suffering from it.

I find large quantities of chocolate bungs me up!
                https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                  I find large quantities of chocolate bungs me up!
                  It has the opposite effect on me - is that too much info?

Bowed Over
                  Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                  www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Some people think its funny...

I think its runny....

Just make him as comfortable as possible and keep him hydrated. Might be worth giving him rehydration salts as well as he could lose some of those.
                    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Thanks everyone.

He's a lot better today but still got a nasty bottom. He is drinking lots and seems much more perky so I think we are on the right side of it. I gave him some rehydration salts but they made him sick. I've heard from loads of people that there's a really nasty bug going around so hopefully it's been here and on it's way - Goodbye Bug!!!!!
                      Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
                      Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

I'm glad he's feeling better.
                        Emma
                        Sassy Crafts Blog
                        My Blog

Comment

Hopefully the little mite is ok now but its worth remembering that you can buy Dyoralyte sachets from the chemist to halp rehydrate, also coca cola thats gone flat (not the sugar free), and ginger biscuits can help with the nausea and vomiting. As its an infection you can't bung him up, it has to come out somehow. The only time you can take imodium tablets to stop diarrheoa is if its IBS or colitis etc. Hope this helps. You should always get medical advice on a bug that lasts more than 48 hours, especially in children.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby-designs View Post
                            Hopefully the little mite is ok now but its worth remembering that you can buy Dyoralyte sachets from the chemist to halp rehydrate, also coca cola thats gone flat (not the sugar free), and ginger biscuits can help with the nausea and vomiting. As its an infection you can't bung him up, it has to come out somehow. The only time you can take imodium tablets to stop diarrheoa is if its IBS or colitis etc. Hope this helps. You should always get medical advice on a bug that lasts more than 48 hours, especially in children.
                            You can tell your a nurse. Any advice on brittle nails? Mia has got a thick brittle nail on her middle toe on both feet!
                            Emma
                            Sassy Crafts Blog
                            My Blog

Comment

sorry... don't do feet.

Comment

Working...
                              X