Easter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter!

Anyone doing anything exciting over Easter? I might be going to Gloucester, Trentham Gardens, Broadway (cotswolds) or Rockingham Castle over the Easter weekend... I also have a chocolate cake to bake, which I'll decorate with mini eggs and a couple of chicks and a rabbit.

I should be kept quite busy I should think!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Trentham Gardens is not too far from me! They have regular craft weekend fairs there. If they have one this weekend and you end up going can you let me know what it's like as I haven't been before!?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I've got a busy weekend planned with my family, I'm going to try and make it my motto not to look at the internet too much this weekend. We're off to Dinosaurland, near Norwich, with the children tomorrow, shopping with my mum in Cambridge Saturday, and Sunday is my birthday, so hopefully, if I've been good (which I think I have) its pressies and Easter eggs for me. (lucky me)

Have good Easter everyone.
      Amanda
      xx

Comment

I'm not doing much at all. The two older kids are at there dads for the weekend so i'll get some much needed piece and quite, mind you the youngest one can make enough noise and she'll be here. As for my bf he's going to be real busy as in order to make it up to me after the months of neglect from his DIY house project i've got him to do my garden. My garden has resembeld a building site since i had the conservatory built last september. I did start on it myself but after shoveling 2 tonnes of stones i'd had enough. It's about time he pulled his finger out so i can't wait to see him sweat in the heat.............hehe.
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Happy Birthday for Sunday, Amanda. It's my daughters birthday on Sunday too...although shes really fed up (typical teen !) because Bluewater won't be open, so shes got to celebrate it on Monday instead !
          Handmade Country Decor & Needful Things

Comment

Originally posted by countrygal View Post
            Happy Birthday for Sunday, Amanda. It's my daughters birthday on Sunday too...although shes really fed up (typical teen !) because Bluewater won't be open, so shes got to celebrate it on Monday instead !

Thanks, Happy Birthday to your daughter too, I like to celebrate my birthday by shopping too(less guilt at spending) that why I'm shopping Saturday instead.
            Amanda
            xx

Comment

You go girl...its gotta be done ! Hope you find what you like, its always the same for me though...I save to go shopping, can't find anything I like...spend it all and the shops are full of everything I can't afford ! Enjoy yourself...I'm jealous.
              Handmade Country Decor & Needful Things

Comment

Easter...

Decorated the house today...looks very Springlike. Still have to put my Easter Tree together. The daughter went out and cut lots of blossom. It's the most gorgeously warm spring day out there today.

Put the kids Easter goodie bags together - I buy bars od chocolate as well as little Easter sweets, solid tiny eggs, mini eggs, chocolate bunnies etc, and make them up bags. More chocolate, less packaging!

Took the ham out of the freezer. It's a huge one we bought at Christmas, I bought extra for Easter...love home baked ham...yum. Got to soak it for a day or two, then bake it on Sunday.

Will either make Dr Pepper Texas Chocolate Cake or a Strawberry & Chocolate Pavlova on Sunday.

You can tell my kids are getting treats this weekend...they went out, unasked and tidied the garden & the pond. The pond is a totally rank job too.....

Have a Happy Easter everyone!

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts
                www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post

Will either make Dr Pepper Texas Chocolate Cake or a Strawberry & Chocolate Pavlova on Sunday.
                  OMG i need to eat something NOW!!!

My all time Fav is my mums raspberry pavlova !!!

I'll see you sunday lol

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                  (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Jules

Dr pepper chocolate cake... what, as in the drink?

how do you make it?

I love raspberry pavlova too!!!
                    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Finish work 8 o'clock tomorrow morning and don't go back until the 19th, yeepee! Got enough to do though, visiting my daughter and grandchildren, wallpapering in my mother-in-laws, baking cornish pasties and cakes etc, and maybe just maybe some crafting.

Wishing you all an enjoyable easter.

Comment

Hi Jules,

You need to post the recipe for the Dr Pepper Chocolate Cake!!!

That's me off work now until Wednesday yeeeeaaahhhhaaaa!!! I have a craft fair at the Falkirk Wheel on Saturday then I will be heading over to my mum and dads straight after it. They stay in Dunoon so need to get a ferry over.

The weather is gorgeous here and it is meant to stay right over Easter. Hope so!!

Lisa
                        Bowed Over
                        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Dunoon.....

...Not been there since 1982. Caught the ferry with a bunch of Dumbarton lads. One of which was my first ever b/f.....*deep sigh* sooooo long ago... We stayed in a friend's parents' holiday cottage in Tighnabruich, seven of us, me being the only girl. My God, how they looked after me.... That is such a treasured memory, very special. We came home on the Waverley, got drenched by the rain too.......ah dear...

Jules
                          Apple Tree Crafts
                          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

...Not been there since 1982. Caught the ferry with a bunch of Dumbarton lads. One of which was my first ever b/f.....*deep sigh* sooooo long ago... We stayed in a friend's parents' holiday cottage in Tighnabruich, seven of us, me being the only girl. My God, how they looked after me.... That is such a treasured memory, very special. We came home on the Waverley, got drenched by the rain too.......ah dear...

Jules
                            Hi Jules,

Are you from Scotland then?

TIghnabruich, seven of you, you being the only girl, now correct me if I am wrong there is absolutely nothing anywhere near Tighnabruich but hills, trees and sheep what did you and 6 guys get up to. And don't say hill climbing - not falling for that one.

Lol

Bowed Over
                            Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Not much really!

Tomorrow we wil go to our favourite pub for a lovely meal and a pint. Saturday...sounds like my BF is planning motor bike ride in this lovely weather, so my wkend will be a mix of crafting, stripping wallpaper and driving around some local contry villages, scoping them out for future living potential!
                              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X