warning - online banking email ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warning - online banking email ****

Thought I'd just tell everyone who does online banking to watch out for some nasty emails circulating. I had 2 purporting to be from my bank telling me to log in as they'd updated their system and I needed to check my details.

Looked very official, but after a google, I found out a site that had the **** listed, so sent the emails to the police!

It's very easy if you're busy and don't stop to think and just click on the link, I was in a rush checking my mail, and wading through endless spam, and just stopped short of clicking. Because ironically my bank have just updated their online system.

Shana
    Twilight Sewn - A new dimension in craftwork

Banks , paypal and credit card companies never send email asking you to sign in..

As long as you NEVER click on the links in email you should "most of the time" be fine..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Had Those...

.....from nearly every high street bank. Just click your 'report spam' button, then delete it. Very concerning when the ****mer actually chose your bank, until you get one from another 'bank'!

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts
      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

There is a way to read what site have you been on...

If you bank with barclays then your get barclays emails, if you have a account on ebay then your get ebay emails..

Its a very simple bit of code .. Beware!

Comment

I am always very wary when I get e-mails from people I don't know. If I get e-mails from Paypal, e-bay, Amazon etc I just delete them without reading. I check my paypal account regularly so I don't run the risk of opening any of their e-mails!!
          Bowed Over
          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
            I am always very wary when I get e-mails from people I don't know. If I get e-mails from Paypal, e-bay, Amazon etc I just delete them without reading. I check my paypal account regularly so I don't run the risk of opening any of their e-mails!!
            Thats it.. Never click on a email..

ALWAYS LOGON DIRECTLY!!!

Comment

I had another ebay one the other day but it was quite nasty saying if i didn't pay up asap they were going to call the police and they themselves would pay me a visit. I had to laugh cos it was from an american seller. I've had a few of these and i don't know what came over me with this one, but i ended up sending them about 10 emails back with some blue language in it and telling them to get a life. Surprise surprise i haven't had any replies from them.
              Emma
              Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
              Sassy Crafts Blog
              My Blog

Comment

I get about 20 junk emails per day, sometimes more, I just have a junk filter on my email account now and the majority just go straight in there without me even looking at them. I get emails from every bank possible and I don't even bank with them. I never click on links in emails, if it's really from Ebay it will be in my account when I log in, same for anywhere else of importance. You just can not be careful enough .
                Anice xx
                Funkyhand x
                my website
                http://www.funkyhand.com
                my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                Follow me on Twitter
                http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Working...
                X