This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting a post and all the threads.

Deleting a post and all the threads-how do you do it,due to some "nasty" people i'd like to delete a post.
    thanks.

You contact a moderator.

Comment

I think that you will find that the people you are calling nasty were trying to stop you making a huge far reaching potentially life threatening mistake.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrybutcher586 View Post
        Deleting a post and all the threads-how do you do it,due to some "nasty" people i'd like to delete a post.
        thanks.
        I'm sorry that you thought people were being nasty, I am one of the members who replied to your post and was in no way being critical in a nasty way, as I'm sure none of the other members were either.

You asked for opinions on your product and fellow members gave their honest opinions, complete with their view on the legal and safety implications of such a product. Surely this is better than leaving it to go to sales and potentially put a young child's life at risk and you potentially liable.

From what I could see from the replies on the thread you are referring to, nobody was criticising or putting down your techniques, purely explaining their concerns about the saety. Your work does look lovely and you obviously take pride in what you do, hence people trying to help with regards to the suitability of the product you had shown.

Try not to take people's views as negativity towards you as an individual, they are simply thinking of you and your potential customers safety.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
          I think that you will find that the people you are calling nasty were trying to stop you making a huge far reaching potentially life threatening mistake.
          How exactly?when they are not designed for use!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Perhaps, next time - state if something is 'not for use' in the first place, as many of us are not clever enough to be mind readers

Believe me there have been far worse incidents of 'nastiness' on this forum, so I honestly wouldn't worry about it and I really don't think any of the comments made fall into that catergory anyway.

Chill

Originally posted by kerrybutcher586 View Post
            How exactly?when they are not designed for use!?!?!?!?!
            Last edited by alibear; 10-11-2009, 10:53 PM. Reason: being useless at punctuation!
            www.belovedly.co.uk
            www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
            www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

What a over reaction !!!

This state (uk) is a granny state, Kids cant go on school trips incase someone is injured and they sue, schools cant afford to pay, This item is an example of how so many people over react over petty things, if people would use there common sence when buying items for children there would be no need for this, this person is making a gift for her child not to sell to outsiders but for her own personally use, this dosnt concern any other people, It shows you have nothink else to do in your time apart from pck fault with others ,

i believe you should lighten up and worry about more important things in life !!!!

over and out !

Comment

This forum isnt just for selling things anyway is it?

Comment

Originally posted by robert1657 View Post
                  It shows you have nothink else to do in your time apart from pck fault with others ,

i believe you should lighten up and worry about more important things in life !!!!
                  It's simple... if you don't want to hear peoples opinions or concerns about your products then don't ask!! Not rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by robert1657 View Post
                    This state (uk) is a granny state, Kids cant go on school trips incase someone is injured and they sue, schools cant afford to pay, This item is an example of how so many people over react over petty things, if people would use there common sence when buying items for children there would be no need for this, this person is making a gift for her child not to sell to outsiders but for her own personally use, this dosnt concern any other people, It shows you have nothink else to do in your time apart from pck fault with others ,

over and out !
                    Sorry, I meant to give the above negative rep.

Robert - your wife/partner (or whatever relation she is to you) asked for people's opinion on this item. Nothing was initially explained about whether it was to sell, was decorative only or as you now claim a gift for her child. The members on here simply explained that this could potentially be dangerous to a child but you amazingly find someone showing concern is an example of the nanny state And even more amazingly you seem to find it perfectly ok to give a small child something containing lots of small beads

My suggestion would be to tell your wife/partner not to ask for opinions in the future if she is unable to cope with hearing something she doesn't like. I believe the reaction by the pair of you is more of an over reaction than a few members voicing their concern about something potentially so dangerous.
                    Last edited by nattynetty; 10-11-2009, 11:19 PM.
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Our child - We do as we see fit to do !

They are designed for our child from 2 years onwards not atm, they sell them on ebay and are registered to do soo,

take my advice **** off and give your opinions else where because they are not welcome !

Comment

I thought opinions had been asked for? Hmmmm. Anyway, this really is a mountain out of a molehill, the pair of you need to calm down ....

*Alibear backs towards the nearest exit before she gets told to go forth and multiply too*
                        www.belovedly.co.uk
                        www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
                        www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

Kerry actually 'asked' for advice and comments on her 'New invention' (a statement I won't even go into as you have already pointed out that they are not her invention but are sold on ebay already)..

In a nutshell Robert, it is comments such as yours in the above post that are not welcome.

jan

(oh.. and lets not get into a discussion regarding toddlers aged 2 and above still using a pacifier)
                          www.simplyisis.co.uk

www.purplesnailevents.co.uk

Comment

Perhaps this thread should be closed now
                            Karen
                            www.angelicfolk.co.uk
                            Bespoke clothing for your little angels
                            http://angelicfolk.etsy.com
                            http://www.facebook.com/#!/angelic.folk?ref=profile

Comment

Working...
                            X