Self help......huh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self help......huh

Just googled 'self help' as i'm beggining to think i may have a problem with spending money, and all of the ones i clicked on wanted to charge me lots of £'s or $'s. How typical, you think you need help to surpress your spending and they want you to spend more. Anyway needless to say i won't be wasting my money on them, i have better things to waste it on.....hehe!
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Im the same EM,is it just craft stuff?

I used to save about £200 a month, now I just spend it!!!And Im not ashamed to say I love it and could spend alot more!!

I was never a fan of fashion, I used to buy nice stuff in the sales, thing is ,now I just cant be bothered, it just doesnt measure up to buying beads and craft goodies.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Right you lot here's a chalenge for you all.
      A new crase is sweeping the nation "Buy nothing new for 12 months" It started in the USA but has crept over here and is becoming a big thing with Downsisers,
      The Idea is not to purchase anything that is unnesecary. Food bills and other esentials are allowed but frivalous things are not.
      You would be surprised at the amount of money some people are saving.
      I have started this chalenge on a one month bases and I am being realy harsh with myself regarding craft items. I have a craft room full of stuf that will last me a life time. so as of today I am not alowing myself to buy anything else for at least a month. If I don't have what I need then I will go on to another project. I am alowing myself to swap a or barter for new stuff but no money will leave my purse ( none there anyway.)

Anyone care to join me?
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I'm afraid to say 95% is craft related, the other 5% is to cheer myself up when i know i've spent too much (i know it doesn't make any sense). I blame my boyfriend who works away all week then comes home on the weekend and spends most of it doing up the house he's bought to rent out or he's in his mums.
        I have made a promise to myself, no more spending on craft stuff or any other luxury type item for 4 whole weeks. God thats going to be hard.
        Emma
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
          Right you lot here's a chalenge for you all.
          A new crase is sweeping the nation "Buy nothing new for 12 months" It started in the USA but has crept over here and is becoming a big thing with Downsisers,
          The Idea is not to purchase anything that is unnesecary. Food bills and other esentials are allowed but frivalous things are not.
          You would be surprised at the amount of money some people are saving.
          I have started this chalenge on a one month bases and I am being realy harsh with myself regarding craft items. I have a craft room full of stuf that will last me a life time. so as of today I am not alowing myself to buy anything else for at least a month. If I don't have what I need then I will go on to another project. I am alowing myself to swap a or barter for new stuff but no money will leave my purse ( none there anyway.)

Anyone care to join me?
          Just read this after posting my last post, so yes i'm joining in.
          Emma
          Sassy Crafts Blog
          My Blog

Comment

Promise I wont buy anything for the rest of the month.

Been cutting down on non essentials recently anyway eg, this weekend im only buying food and maybe an anniversary card for the parents(if Im too lazy to make one)and maybe 1 trip to the cinema.

But time goes by so slowly when theres nothing to make!!!!!
            https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
              Promise I wont buy anything for the rest of the month.

But time goes by so slowly when theres nothing to make!!!!!
              these 2 statements made me laugh.
              1.It's the 23rd already not much of the month left.
              2. Don't you have a stash of stuf not doing anything?

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
                Just read this after posting my last post, so yes i'm joining in.
                Awww! My star customer! Who do I sue?

Comment

It took a lot of poverty and broken fingernails to become a capitalist! Like my grandaughter says - 'I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!'

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post
                    It took a lot of poverty and broken fingernails to become a capitalist! Like my grandaughter says - 'I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!'
                    I like that saying, i think i'll print it out and put it up in my work area then i can look at it every time i feel like giving up!
                    Emma
                    Sassy Crafts Blog
                    My Blog

Comment

There's a Flickr group out there that you might be interested in - I've just joined! http://www.flickr.com/groups/[email protected]/
                      Here's the statement to say what they are all about.

I've been feeling depressed about money and have found a solution. I have a budget of $2 a week and I have to find something that makes me smile. Anyone want to join me in this challenge? The price you set is up to you, but try to keep it low. It's about the joy of the hunt, not the spending. Post your pics and stories here.

Happy hunting!
                      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Oh no i can see i'm going to have to break my promise as a new wholesale craft catalouge came through my door this morning.

Also this doesn't count - i had a lovely delivery this morning (and i'm sure Peter won't mind me saying this) the two bracelets i ordered from him arrived and they are both stunning, i've been holding my arms up looking at them in the mirror, they look great. Cheers Peter.
                        Emma
                        Sassy Crafts Blog
                        My Blog

Comment

Oh no i can see i'm going to have to break my promise as a new wholesale craft catalouge came through my door this morning.
                          Ok tis is where forum suport comes in.
                          1. Do you realy need to make an order?
                          2. Check stash to see if there is somehing hidden away you have forgoten about.
                          3. Ask nicely if anyone has the item spare that you need, Maybe offering something to swap.

If and only IF all 3 of the above have been done then I supose if your desperate you can make an order.

Comment

Also this doesn't count - i had a lovely delivery this morning (and i'm sure Peter won't mind me saying this) the two bracelets i ordered from him arrived and they are both stunning, i've been holding my arms up looking at them in the mirror, they look great. Cheers Peter.
                            Phew! Thanks Emma, I was beginning to wonder if you had a dyslexic postman like us!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
                              Ok tis is where forum suport comes in.
                              1. Do you realy need to make an order?
                              2. Check stash to see if there is somehing hidden away you have forgoten about.
                              3. Ask nicely if anyone has the item spare that you need, Maybe offering something to swap.

If and only IF all 3 of the above have been done then I supose if your desperate you can make an order.
                              I know someone who won't be getting discount!

Comment

Working...
                              X