Any Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas

My Nain is 81 today and i'm going to see her tommorrow. Haven't got her a birthday present yet and i haven't got any ideas. She's not very well at the moment and can't get out much (otherwise i would have taken her out for a meal). Has anyone got any ideas of an unusual but yet useful gift for someone of her age.

Thanks
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Hmm, all I can think of may be seen as insulting (tho not intended)
    A warm blanket,cardigan, if she likes reading a small light she can attatch or a magnified thing to read books more easily.

My nan had 1 huge slipper, ie 1 big fleece lined shoe that she could put both feet in.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

I got her a nice blanket for christmas and my mum got her a light. But the slipper thing might be good as her legs are swollen at the moment and it might help with her circulation if i get her ones that heat up or something. Thanks for that, i'll google it to see what comes up.
      Emma
      Sassy Crafts Blog
      My Blog

Comment

Scented Thingies...

My Nan, blass her, used to love anything like embroidered hankies (nice cotton ones) scented draw paper or sachets, lavender bags. Cotton nighties were much appreciated.

Luxury hand cream was another good one, especially after she went into the home. My sister or me, or the girls that worked in the home, used to spend hours rubbing & smoothing handcream into her hands which had become very dry - well, she was 93...and Nan, who couldn't see much, loved the touch and the smell. We always bought Nan Fry's Chocolate Cream bars, and plain crisps as they didn't get that in the home. The dietician was a mean cow....

A nice house plant is always a good one if your Nan is active & greenfingered.

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts
        www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I once bought my granny, a basket and filled it with her favourite things, face cream, bubble bath, a small picture frame with a photo her great grandchildren. She really liked it.
          Amanda
          xx

Comment

Thanks for all the great ideas, i will let you know tommorrow what i got in the end.

Thanks again.
            Emma
            Sassy Crafts Blog
            My Blog

Comment

Working...
            X