Both my little Angels have got the dreaded sickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both my little Angels have got the dreaded sickness

Bot my children have got the dreaded sickness bug.
    Poor little mites carn't even keep water down.

I have a craft fair on saturday and have loads to do. arrrggggg, But the kids come first.
    http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

I think theres an awful lot of it around. Eden is offf sick and someone told me this morning that there were only 12 in the class today as the rest are off sick. Hope yours are feeling better soon and that you don't sucum!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

We have had it here,i work with the infants at local school a lot of kiddies out and sent one home lunch time xxxx
      Mollymandy

Comment

My little girl was off sick on Monday and Tuesday and I have now got a rotten stinking cold and I have a craft fair tonight. I have to leave here in an hour and a half.

I feel for you but the bug doesn't seem to be lasting long hopefully all will be well by Saturday.

All the best.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Oh Nooooo....

Are they feeling any better yet? Touch wood, we've been lucky this winter. Mine haven't faired too badly. I had tonsilitus in January, which floored me for two weeks.

I do hope all the kiddies get well soon, a poorly little one is no joke, and sooooo tiring. And Lisa, of course, no fun with a cold!

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts
          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
            And Lisa, of course, no fun with a cold!

Jules
            Ow Jules I know, I feel like death warmed up I went to a craft fair last night at Dobbies Garden Centre in Milngavie. I felt really bad and tried to keep as far away from my stall as possible so as not to put people off. When I got home I didn't feel like my dinner just went straight to bed and I only took 1 contact 400 so actually got to sleep. I still feel terrible this morning thankfully I don't have any craft fairs until next week so I intend to hibernate all weekend in my bed (well I hope if the kids let me). Who knows for mothers day I might get breakfast in bed (only problem is the demolition job I need to clear up in the kitchen after).

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Awwww....

Did you do well at the Craft Fair, despite your sniffles? Hope so!

My parents used to live in that Garden centre on Boclair Road, can't think what it was called for the life of me. It was fairly posh though.

When we first moved to Glasgow (end of 1979) it was a favourite joke of all the local kids to try and get us to say Milngavie exactly as it's spelt. It never worked, because we had house hunted in Milngavie, and I knew it was pronounced Mullguy....

My younger boys want to make me breakfast in bed on Sunday, I had to be honest with them and say I really can't eat breakfast. They're going to bake cakes instead....oh help ma boab....

It's my daughter's 17th birthday on Sunday (where did those years go?) so I have to make her a cake...she wants the same chocolate cake with american frosting that her brother had last Tuesday, and I hate making that bloody frosting...ah well, needs must!

Hope you're better soon!

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Dobbies is the garden centre on Boclair Road - overlooking the fields. There is a restaurant in front of it called the Tickled Trout and the food is brilliant.

I did okay at the fair - not great because the advertising wasn't up to much however this is going to be a regular venue so when people realise that the craft fair is there it should get better.

Birthday cakes!!! I can't bake to save my self as I say I can burn water, I just about manage to make the packets of fairy cakes!! but chocolate cakemmmmmmmmmm. What is American frosting?

Hope your daughter has a good birthday and I really wonder where the years have gone I will be the big 40 next year (aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh I still feel like a teenager though - get told that I act like one most of the time too!!)

Bowed Over
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

American Frosting...

It's like marshmallow. You make a very very hot sugar syrup and pour it very slowly, whisking constantly, into whisked egg whites, until it looks like meringue. When you put it on the cake it's soft & gooey, but as it dries it gets a crisp shell like meringue. Yum!

Last week I did this by hand, more fool me. I'm getting the mixer out this time!

That garden centre was called something else....Finlay Clarkes! That was it!

Jules
                  Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Yep it used to be called Findlay Clarks - now Dobbies. I am going to try that icing but will use a hand whisk. Thanks for that Jules.

All the best.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for all your kind wishes.
                      Im afraid they are both two really poorley children, at least they are keeping fluids down now. My six year old son has slept most of the day not like him at all, and my four year old girl carn't manage to sleep more than a few minutes at a time for tummy pains. Poor luv's.
                      Ive spent the day sitting in bed with them.
                      I have loads to do for my craft fair tomorrow but guess it won't get done.
                      Still have plenty of stock anyway, just a few new lines i need to put finishing touches to.
                      Not even sure i should be going ahead anyway. even though there dad is a paramedic and more than capable of looking after them you still don't feel right leaving them do you.
                      Thanks again

Comment

Ben & Evie have both been poorly too and now Ben won't eat anything incase it makes him sick! Also his favourite saying is "runny nose, runny nose" so I have to wipe it for him every few minutes. Oh well, this spell of cold weather should kill a few germs - bring on the snow!
                        Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
                        Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Hope they feel better soon. I can't believe they've promised snow AGAIN, we had about 10/12 inches the last time and every hour one of the kids would come in wet through and crying cause they were so cold.

Here we go again!
                          Emma
                          Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                          Sassy Crafts Blog
                          My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by littlesnuggler View Post
                            Ben & Evie have both been poorly too and now Ben won't eat anything incase it makes him sick! Also his favourite saying is "runny nose, runny nose" so I have to wipe it for him every few minutes. Oh well, this spell of cold weather should kill a few germs - bring on the snow!
                            Hope your children are both feeling better

Comment

Golly not a very healthy bunch at the moment are you? Hopefully you will all feel better soon. Must be all the sea air keeping me feeling well!!
                              http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X