Money bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money bags

I was wondering what everyone holds there money in while at fairs. Iv got a money box (PINK) from TESCO but im finding it a bit of a pain in the bum to humph about when i need the loo etc. I was thinking of a money bag. NOT A BUM BAG But one of those ones that you can wear across your body. Iv seen a couple on ebay but ones a camoflage colour and the other is black leather but its hard to see if it would suit me for the purpose i need it for.

Just wondering what everyone else uses and if anyone can recommend a good little bag for holding all my dosh! (In my dreams )
    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

I got a couple of denim ones a few years ago, they have large pockets in the front. I'm sure I found them on ebay, they were handmade if I recall correctly. Very handy. I used to keep all the notes in there and a handful of coins and it meant I could move around the stall talking to customers whilst taking money off for quick sale.
    If you put keyword ''market money bag'' you'll find plenty on ebay.
    Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

I use a small leather bag with 4 zips and a long handle. I put 5p, 10p, 20p in front pocket, 50p, £1, £2 in next pocket and notes in 3rd pocket and the 4th pocket? Well that holds ALL the takings
      This way I keep float separate and it is easy to count up at the end of the day.
      I can sling it over my arm or use it round my waist either way it's safe cos I don't put it down. HTH x
      Terry xxx
      You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
      Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

i started making aprons out of old jeans and i use one of them great way to advertise and show of how well they work
        while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Bea View Post
          I got a couple of denim ones a few years ago, they have large pockets in the front. I'm sure I found them on ebay, they were handmade if I recall correctly. Very handy. I used to keep all the notes in there and a handful of coins and it meant I could move around the stall talking to customers whilst taking money off for quick sale.
          If you put keyword ''market money bag'' you'll find plenty on ebay.
          Cheers bea, just bought one. Its green. I would have prefered maybe pink, of kath Kidson style but hey, green will have to do.
          Snowf1975

Comment

After reading another post on the forum and realising that money tins just aren't practical/safe, I too have just ordrered a "market money bag" from Ebay... only £3.50 with free postage, so I reckon it's money well spent if it keeps our money safe!!

Thank you fr bringing it to my attention

Comment

good investment there fluffy.

And if anyone else is looking for a money belt that looks COOL (cause im going to have a scabby green one...) Tipsylipsy makes money belts in really beautiful fabrics. Theres one in her album. Think i'll be speaking to santa
              Snowf1975

Comment

tipsylypsy

ooh, off to look at tipsy's page - had been surfing etsy and seeing some pretty ones, but would rather buy from 'one of us' !
                thanks

Cath

[email protected]

party, party, party, book a party before christmas, £25 of free jewellery if you get 10 guests..................and a lovely night!

(feel free to do the rep points thingy!!)

www.vivalabeader.com

view gallery @ ww.flickr.com/photos/vivalabeader
                [email protected] www.facebook.com/vivalabeader
                [email protected] www.folksy.com/shops/vivalabeader

Comment

I've got some cool ones too. Made by Deni. www.littlechile.co.uk on the Bags page. Handmade, designer, exclusive but even better sparkly and purple. But there's loads of other designs too.

I picked out a black one for me. One of the bananos ones.

I like tins and boxes because you can see the coins. I keep the cheques and notes on me...but a cautionary tale: a friend at a fair lost all his credit card slips when someone walked off with his cash box.
                  So with Little Chile I used one of Deni's bags. You need to have the opening big enough for you to get your hand in to root around for the coins. I keep the notes etc in a wallet, but the compartment idea is good too.

Having the bag round you waist is good too as one slung over your shoulder bangs into things and is awkward when you want to shed or add clothes.

AnnieAnna

Comment

Working...
                  X