anyone been to cuba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone been to cuba

me and hubby are looking at going away in november (first time since we were married 3 yrs ago and with out his kids). an dwe like the look af cuba if you have been can you tell me whats it like and what part you went to and the weather please thanks
    Racheal
    www.soapsudsandsalts.co.uk

Hiya

I went to Cayo Coco in Cuba this time last year and it was absolutely beautiful, emerald seas and white sand.

The weather is hot and sunny. I don't remember having any rain whilst we were there. Sun lotion and other toiletries were really expensive so make sure you stock up.

PM me if you nbeed any more info,

Love
    Deb
    x
    Attached Files
    Much love,
    Deb

www.debrajacksondesigns.com

Comment

We went to Cayo Largo (other side of Cuba to Cayo Coca) and it was fantastic. The whole island was part of the all inclusive. The only problem was mosquitoes and flies and big as small birds. The beach was fantastic and the locals couldn't do enough to please you.

Comment

I haven't been to Cuba so can you please pack me in your luggage.
        So jealous, it sounds gorgeous have a wonderful time.

For mozzies take a small bottle of citronella oil with you or some citronella tealight candles to burn at night in your room. Drinking GnT's helps too, it's not the gin that stops them biting but the tonic water - however who wants to drink tonic water without gin???
        Terry xxx
        You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
        Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Yes I have been!!!

It was FANTASTIC!!!!!! the people are so nice and just stunning tropical paradise really!

DITTO the mosquitos really are the worst I have EVER met EVER!!! Take loads and loads of repelent even the ones you plug in and leave them on in your room all day!
          Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

We stayed in Guardalavaca (lit. "Save the Cow" or "Keep the Cow") in 2005 - and it was amazing.

1. Mosquitos there are evil. Lots of jungle fever spray and repellents to plug in.

2. It's bloody humid. Be prepared to sweat a bit, especially if it's hot as well.

3. As well as being lovely, it can be a bit sad if you go around to visit, but do try to go to at least one town - we went to Santiago de Cuba which was amazing.
            --Matt

Web Development
            Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

I've done 9 day in Guardalavaca then 5 in havana..

Guardalavaca was ok (been to a lot better in mexico etc.. )

BUT Havana is amazing...

I would reccomend doing both city/beach if you can... It depends if you like the culture side or just a beach ?

Hope that helps..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
              (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post
                I would reccomend doing both city/beach if you can... It depends if you like the culture side or just a beach ?
                Really good point!

We loved our time in GLV more than anything we've ever done, because it was a "pukka" luxury (5*) beach holiday.

If we went back, I'd want to go and see a lot more of the real Cuba - we only spend a day or so out of the hotel (or indeed, off the beach)!!
                --Matt

Web Development

Comment

I've been to cuba! It was a few years ago and i can't remember exactly where we went (we were moving around as we went with a company called Explore)

It was really good though, it's such a different experience (with the shop windows completely empty and things) it's just so interesting.

It was really good! I loved every minute of it! I'd suggest to go around Carnival time because the carnival is such a different experience! (It's sometime in July)

I never had a problem with mosquito's, but then again i don't usually get bitten But there's a moisturiser called 'Skin so soft' and it actually keeps mossies away! (My mums boyfriend uses it all the time when he goes on holiday!)

Oh and i also suggest taking lots and lots of soap with you, as in hotels (and similar places) they prefer you to tip with soap (we just bought some really cheap stuff from tesco i think)

Have fun where ever you decide to go

Comment

my brother did a tour in november time - hot, humid and sunny. Him and one of his friends nearly didn't get alllowed in. both have long hair... and my brothers friends hair was also purple. immigration weren't too thrilled with these 2 long haired blokes! I think they were held up at the airport quite a long time trying to explain and get in.
                    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by matt.chatterley View Post
                      We stayed in Guardalavaca
                      Originally posted by 0103media View Post
                      I've done 9 day in Guardalavaca
                      Guardalavaca is obviously the place to go if you're an IT geek - love you both really

We were considering Cuba next year (think we've settled on Cambodia and Malaysia but keep changing our minds) but I got put off by the fact all the hotels in Cuba seemed to be All-Inclusive - is that the case?
                      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                        Guardalavaca is obviously the place to go if you're an IT geek - love you both really
                        How can you possibly resist somewhere called 'Save the Cow' (arguably 'Keep the Cow')???

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                        We were considering Cuba next year (think we've settled on Cambodia and Malaysia but keep changing our minds) but I got put off by the fact all the hotels in Cuba seemed to be All-Inclusive - is that the case?
                        I'm pretty sure not all were at the time, but the majority did offer all-inclusive. That said, the food at ours was really good..
                        --Matt

Web Development

Comment

Working...
                        X