Eeeeeeek!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeeeeeek!

The lightening has just taken out our Sky Dish...i can see it right outside our front door through the glass

It looks quite spectacular, bit scared though...i hate lightening this close!!

Ah well, no TV so can just watch that for a bit i guess...he he!!

Jo
    x
    www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

OMG you are ok though?

I'd be under the bed. I like to watch it so long as it's far away.
    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

I,m fine - thank you!!!

I was just a bit shocked - never seen lightening so close before!!! First the TV went then i saw this enormous flash that looked like it was right outside. I guess it was if it took out the dish It's sheet lightening so it was quite awesome to see.... I was so tempted to go outside and look but sense told me otherwise he he!!

The storm has receded now so me and my neighbour have just been to try and inspect the damage!!

Spoke too soon...its not receded just heard the most enormous clap of thunder - lightening is further away though!

Comment

Yikes I would have passed out.
        Check this site out to see where the strikes are right now.

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

Oh, that sounds scary. Glad you're ok.

A house not far from where I live was struck by lightning last month, and at least one room was burnt out, so maybe your satellite dish conducted the electricity away from the house.
          Celia
          I can't be creative and tidy too
          www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
          The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
          Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by jencel View Post
            Oh, that sounds scary. Glad you're ok.

A house not far from where I live was struck by lightning last month, and at least one room was burnt out, so maybe your satellite dish conducted the electricity away from the house.
            Maybe you are right!! Phew! We have the ground floor flat and our neighbour has the upstairs. We can't see the dish to see what has happened exactly but she is seding her OH up to look today

Comment

How are you doing now? When will you be able to get the Sky man out to repair? Hope everyone's ok
              Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Hope u put a lotto ticket on tonight

Can u get a picture of ur dish

dave
                www.woodadoodle.co.uk

Comment

How scary - glad you're alright! When I was little I would go to stay at my grnadparents farm in South Carolina during the summer, and whenever there was lightning hitting in the area, the phone would ring and ring...we were given strict instructions to NEVER answer it!!

We'd sit there in the dark listening to the phone ringing, and the rain pelting the tin roof, and all the thunder and lightning, and it would be so close and stuffy with all the windows shut. And then...a transformer box on the "line" down at the road would blow and it was deafening and heart stopping! I swear, during the second that it was bright as day, my grandmother would raise up about a foot off the sofa and her coiled braid would uncurl and curl back up, and I would laugh and laugh...she probably thought I was hysterical...

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
                    How scary - glad you're alright! When I was little I would go to stay at my grnadparents farm in South Carolina during the summer, and whenever there was lightning hitting in the area, the phone would ring and ring...we were given strict instructions to NEVER answer it!!

We'd sit there in the dark listening to the phone ringing, and the rain pelting the tin roof, and all the thunder and lightning, and it would be so close and stuffy with all the windows shut. And then...a transformer box on the "line" down at the road would blow and it was deafening and heart stopping! I swear, during the second that it was bright as day, my grandmother would raise up about a foot off the sofa and her coiled braid would uncurl and curl back up, and I would laugh and laugh...she probably thought I was hysterical...
                    I can just picture it in my mind - he he!! Bet the telephone was a bit creepy though!

"Hope u put a lotto ticket on tonight" - why? is it lucky?

I am fine thanks Nettie. The storm was in the london paper, they say it was an electrical storm (is that any different to a normal storm?)they had quite a dramatic picture of the lightening hitting a crane!

Sky charge to come out so my neighbours OH went on the roof and has managed to fix it. We asked him if the dish had actually been hit and he said it looked like it as there was a huge mark on the actual dish that looked like a burn mark but he couldn't be sure!

Jo
                    x

Comment

Working...
                    X