Just showing off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just showing off!

I was really impressed with this painting my 2 yr old daughter did the other day. usually we are graced with red and green sploges but this time she has produced something so beautiful and meticulous it brought tears to my eyes!

Despite having loads of colours and glitters she produced this minimalist picture.

She has lovingly entitled it 'the sea' and it has gold dots on each of the brushstrokes.

Last edited by Cloverst; 21-02-2007, 05:08 PM. Reason: my spelling is so bad!
    ~Vikki~

Soggy Cornflakes ~ Kids don't have instructions!
    My Shop! ~ Cards & Gifts

That's good. Gives a 3d impression.

Comment

Beautiful colours, sparkle and a classic title,your daughter is a true genius!!
      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

I see what you mean peter, It could be stonehenge of the sea. Or were you referring to the bad water wave the wat paint has given the paper! lol!

I'm not sure where she gets the genius from then Certainly not me and my hubbys the same, still the do say it skips a generation!
        ~Vikki~

My Shop! ~ Cards & Gifts

Comment

On my art course I read that all children are artistic until the age of 10. Something inside them makes them question whether it's 'good' or 'bad' at that age, if you get them through that you have an artist in the house!

ps. mine was suppressed - that's why I do abstracts now!

Comment

It's super and you should be very proud of her!

Encourage, encourage, encourage and give her loads of self belief!!!
            full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Genius!

That s so pretty! Encourage her all you can.

It does make you wonder, when you see something like from a wee 2 yr old, why all that crud is in the Tate Modern.....throw it out, let the kids in there with paint & glitter! they might get more visitors then!

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts
              www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Hmmm you got me thinking now, I wonder if I could get it into the tate modern.

Perhaps it would look good up there with unmade bed and pile of beer cans.

Probably raise the class a bit!
                ~Vikki~

My Shop! ~ Cards & Gifts

Comment

Working...
                X