wimbledon centre court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wimbledon centre court

so its raining in wimbledon and instead of shutting the new roof they have put covers over the court instead! apparently its because the roof take 5mins to move and then they need climate control inside....which takes 30 mins to get right.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Originally posted by indri View Post
    so its raining in wimbledon and instead of shutting the new roof they have put covers over the court instead! apparently its because the roof take 5mins to move and then they need climate control inside....which takes 30 mins to get right.
    Obviously being the UK it was the "Wrong kind of rain"!

Comment

But then they did close the roof!
      Cynthia
      http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Typical Britain and no doubt by the time they got the cover over, got the roof over and then adjusted climate control, the rain had stopped!!!!!

Do have to feel sorry for poor old Cliff Richard though, no impromptu singing for him now
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I like the way its a glass roof so the sun still shines through as if they are still playing outside.
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I like the way its a glass roof so the sun still shines through as if they are still playing outside.

Doesn't that make it very hot in there?

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

They have air conditioning, though the womens match they looked sweatier than usual!
              View my flickr

Comment

and their "grunts" echo!!!!!
                Diane
                Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

They have air conditioning, though the womens match they looked sweatier than usual!
                  Surely that is not very eco friendly?

Can't people cope with a bit of rain?

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Sounds sensible
                    "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                    Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                    http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well I'm not impressed by the roof - normally they would have finished for the night but with the roof and lighting the Murray match is playing till they finish....and I've got Tescos to go to tonight still!

Even hubby is getting into it although he keeps having to ask how the scoring works.
                      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Even hubby is getting into it although he keeps having to ask how the scoring works.
                        I've just had to explain the scoring to OH as well, even though we've been watching Wimbledon for years.
                        Celia
                        I can't be creative and tidy too
                        www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
                        The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
                        Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Im watching too! Got a tennis mad flat mate to watch it with! Great so far!
                          Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

I kept flicking over during the elephant dissection which was fascinating! But it ain't wimbledon any more.... no more interviews with random presidents, or sing alongs with Cliff..... the new indoor-outdoor tennis tournament!
                            View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                            X