Pancake Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pancake Day

When is pancake day ? is it next tues love them.
    Mollymandy

It's Next Tuesday....

......yummy!

Actually, I could just eat pancakes right now......but I'm saving my self for later - got a tub of Haagen Daz. It's coffee icecream, caramel sauce and chocolate truffle pieces........oh bliss!

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I have my squeezey lemon, ready and waiting!!!
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Is it this comming tuesday dont want to miss out?
        Mollymandy

Comment

I think so!!

Went in the local shop a couple of weeks ago and they were putting a hole end of aile display up for pancake day:
          Frying pans
          Sugar
          jiff lemon
          packet mix
          eggs
          salt

and........Self raising flour!!
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Tuesday 20th February

Just realised my wedding anniversary is on Pancake Day!

BTW you need plain flour for crepes, not SR.

Right...I'm off to bake muffins and apple tart.

Jules
            Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
              BTW you need plain flour for crepes, not SR.

Jules

I know!!... but obviously the shop display person didn't!!!
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Just a Sales Pitch..

......they'll try to sell anything!

I get really annoyed when shops have stuff on offer, right next to similar things that aren't. It's deliberately confusing.

The last thing I bought like that was tortilla wraps. The sign said tortilla wraps were half price. It didn't say this was just the plain wraps, and I picked up garlic & herb ones, sundried tomato ones and plain ones.

After checking the receipt, we went to Customer Services and queried the prices, meanwhile Himself went back to the stand the wraps were on and checked the sign. Customer services were unapologetic even when they rechecked and discovered the mistake. They said they would rectify the sign when I pointed out that it was deliberately misleading, as was putting all the flavoured wraps in the same display basket.

We popped back into Morrisons the next day for milk and the sign & display hadn't changed. Our Morrisons does this on lots of products so we don't shop there anymore.

I know that sounds really picky, but after half a dozen times I just got really peeved.

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Apple you do make me hungrey when i read your post muffins and apple tart yum.Went shopping this morning everywhere lemons batter mix frying pans bought lemons make my own batter wasnt sure until today that pancake day was tues cant wait.Weather here is lovley took dog to park like a spring day.Have a nice satxxx
                  Mollymandy

Comment

Nature is a Bit Confused..

I've got frogspawn in my pond, and primroses out on the lawn. The neighbour's cherry tree is awash with blossom. The daffodils have been out for a few weeks already and my grape hyacinths are flowering.

And it's only half way through February...........???

Something is definitely wrong. I hope we don't get any more frost or everything's had it.

But it does look nice and makes you look forward to balmy summer days.....

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

just had to show you my little dog toto after his afternoon walk so worn out in his basket.
                      Mollymandy

Comment

Well?

How did all that tossing go?

I have to admit I'm a coward - mine get flipped with the spatula!

I followed a Prue Leith recipe (she is such a snob.......), and according to Ms Leith's calculations I should have had enough batter to make 24 crepes. Don't ask what went wrong, cos I only got 11.5 out of mine. I must be a more generous cook than she is!

Still everyone enjoyed them. Doing it all again tomorrow!

Jules
                        Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Working...
                        X