• Show
Clear All

• Danger danger

Look what at the top right
    Click here

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Oh, wow, and legs in the water too. Do you think it's a real picture? It's so hard to know these days. The camera has started to lie in recent years.
    Celia
    I can't be creative and tidy too
    www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
    The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
    Jencel on Facebook

Comment

ah bless maybe its a friendly shark?
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Is there such a fish as a friendly shark???? don't think I'd be hanging around to find out!
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Nice pic! Never been one for surfing myself, but that's a nice spot for it
          "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
          Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
          http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
            ah bless maybe its a friendly shark?
            ...................and 'Finding Nemo' was a wildlife documentary.........how sweet Indri!

Comment

its a bit freaky but am not one for venturing into the sea much - am scared of jelly fish ha ha!
              www.safimelcardsandpendants.co.uk

Comment

Haha, I liked that!

Check this out on Google Maps... select the ‘satellite’ option, enter the co-ordinates 51.393291 -1.345675 and zoom in for a nice image!

Si.
                Wood Tattoos
                Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                Facebook
                Flickr
                Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                  Is there such a fish as a friendly shark???? don't think I'd be hanging around to find out!
                  The largest and second largest shark species are the Whale Shark and the Basking Shark which can reach lengths of up to 40 feet. Basking sharks are often mistaken for the "Great White", but it is a filter feeder and eats plankton, and has only small teeth in comparison to its great size.. The Whale Shark too is a filter feeder living off small fish, plankton/krill etc..

While "friendly" might not be the word to use - we associate that with playful dolphins and the like, neither species is agressive, or attracted to "chum".

From Wikipedia:

"This species (Whale Shark), despite its enormous size, does not pose any significant danger to humans. It is a frequently cited example when educating the public about the popular misconceptions of all sharks as "man-eaters". They are actually quite gentle and can be playful with divers. There are unconfirmed reports of sharks lying still, upside down on the surface to allow divers to scrape parasites and other organisms from their torso. Divers and snorkelers can swim with this giant fish without any risk apart from unintentionally being struck by the shark's large tail fin"..

Not quite so "scary" after all...

Comment

So about as scary as this then?

Wood Tattoos
                    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

Comment

Well, that is "scary".. but only in a bad taste "how shameless are some folk" kind of way..

"Ohh.. and is that someone in the water pretending to be a shark too".... he hehehehe

Comment

Working...
                      X