Cocking a Snook....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cocking a Snook....

We started that process whereby you reclaim all the charges that your bank have levied against your account in passed six years.

Some official type body - Consumer Standards or Trading Standards, has said the the charges applied to banks for administering your account when you commit such heinous crimes as exceeding your over draft limit etc etc, are unfair. So thousands of people are writing to their banks and claiming back the money.

You can download the letters from the internet, and just insert your details into the spaces. For the cost of the paper, a wee bit of time and three stamps, it's well worth it.

Yesterday, LloydsTSB repaid us over £1000........!

Jules

PS I've gone to wild with this money....I bought a new kitchen bin for £6.99. And I'm seriously toying with the idea of a matching dustpan & brush set.........whooohoooooooo!
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post

PS I've gone to wild with this money....I bought a new kitchen bin for £6.99. And I'm seriously toying with the idea of a matching dustpan & brush set.........whooohoooooooo!
    Don't go mad!!!
    Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
    My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
    My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Well done you . I just put my OH on the case.
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post

You can download the letters from the internet, and just insert your details into the spaces. For the cost of the paper, a wee bit of time and three stamps, it's well worth it.
        Hi Jules

Don't suppose you have the link for where you downloaded the letters? It's something we need to do for my late mother-in-law - while she was ill in hospital Lloyds TSB kept on hitting her with over £300 of charges a month!
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

What Absolute Bas.....

.....tards!!! When she was ill too? That is SO bad. Typical flumin' Lloyds.

Netty, I'll find the link, it's on Himself's email address and post it here asap. It's dead easy to do, and I hope you nail them big time.

I'm totally disgusted that they would do such a thing to an old person when they were ill. Despicable.

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

The Link - Go For It!

For Netty and everyone else,

You need to be here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/

Everything you need is there, read it through carefully and follow the tried & tested instructions.

CURRENTLY over £7,000, 000 has been paid back to customers from High St banks on this site alone. There are plenty of other similar sites too!

Go on, Cock a Snook, you know you want to!

Jules
            Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Thank you so much for the link I’ll be visiting the site later tonight.

I’m in complete agreement with you about Lloyds. When you have to deal with companies in these sad circumstances you really start to see them for what they are, some are wonderfully understanding and helpful whereas others are downright unpleasant with non-existent customer service (hello Pipex!)

Anyway, on to more cheery matters, what are you going to spend the rest of your £1000 on? A holiday? Think that's how I'd spend it.
              Last edited by nattynetty; 06-02-2007, 07:37 PM. Reason: spelling
              Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Mega Spending Spree.....

........just isn't going to happen!

Our landlord put the rent up yesterday, backdated to January 1st, so a bit will be going towards that (the bugger.....)

And the car is making moaning groaning noises, so a bit will be going there too....

And then, we have two children with birthdays in March, and two with Birthdays in April (no idea what used to come over me in June & July.....) and the oldest will be 21 this year, so a bit of a special pressie for him.

It's our wedding anniversary this month, so we might go out for a nice meal, just us two.....And I might buy myself some fabrics .....

Not the most exciting of spending, but reassuring to know that the rent is paid, the car can stop moaning and the birthdays are covered!

But the best bit, the very best bit, was being able to cock a snook at Lloyds! Very satisfying indeed!

Jules
                Last edited by Apple Tree Crafts; 07-02-2007, 09:40 AM. Reason: typos
                Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Morning all thanks jeanette for that sent you pm hope you got it ok,freezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing here.
                  Mollymandy

Comment

Working...
                  X