Spooky Goings On With My Alarm Clock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spooky Goings On With My Alarm Clock!

On my bedside table I have two alarm clocks - heavy sleeper.

About two weeks ago I went to set my alarms and noticed one had stopped, said to Jim the battery's gone in my silver alarm clock.
    thought no more about it and went to bed.

The next day was my Mums anniversary, it's 33 years since she passed away so we went to the Crem in the afternoon took some flowers and looked at the Book of Remembrance.

Came home and went upstairs to change and the clock was working and giving the right time so I says to Jim "Thanks for putting a battery in my clock" and he thought I was being sarcastic as he hadn't put a battery in. So I just said "Thanks Mum"

Well the clock has been running ever since - till Monday night when it was definitely stopped at 10.00 o'clock. Went to bed last night at 12.30 and it was working again and at the right time.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
    I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

aww nice story

could be that the hands are sticking on the clock though rather than the battery , I have 2 clocks in my kitchen and one of them has "sticky hands" as the hands pass each other they big hand moves the little hand quite abit
    ( now I've read that i've wondered why i'm keeping it,lol, dam thing goes in the bin today )
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
    my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
    my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

My new alarm clock usually needs feeding - but then it does wake me frequently in the night crying, poor thing!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hi Alice
        About 5 years ago about one month after my dad had died the TV in the kitchen, if left on standby, would switch it self on. I would switch it off and a few seconds later it would switch on again. Also my microwave which has a digital clock would keep making a ping noise like it had finished its programme and the clock time kept changing so for about 1 month I had to keep it switch off at the mains. I still have this microwave and it has never acted up since. It gives me comfort that I choose to think that it was my dad letting me know he was still around.
        Diana
        Something Shiny Something Sparkly
        Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
        My blog
        Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzydiza View Post
          Hi Alice
          About 5 years ago about one month after my dad had died the TV in the kitchen, if left on standby, would switch it self on. I would switch it off and a few seconds later it would switch on again.......It gives me comfort that I choose to think that it was my dad letting me know he was still around.
          Diana
          When my grandad was ill before he died 5 years ago I made him a get well soon card with a dragonfly on which he loved and insisted on showing all the nurses and everyone who visited him. About 5 months after he died it was my birthday and I was standing in my garden and a dragonfly flew over to me, I'd never seen one in my garden before and don't think I've seen once since - sounds daft but I knew it was a sign from grandad. Last Friday was really sunny so I had my shop door open and in flew a dragonfly which flew in front of me a few times and then straight out of the shop, again never seen one here before....last friday would've been my grandad's birthday - my nan's been a bit poorly lately which is why I think he came to see me.

Also, the night before he died I had a really vivid dream where I went to visit my parents and grandad was there but looked like he did about 20 years ago - I asked why he was there and he gave me a hug. I'd had a tummy bug for a few days and had been unable to visit him in hospital and I think this was his way of saying goodbye.

OK, I'll stop now as I'm sure you probably all thing I'm stark raving mad now!
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Oh Netty thats a lovely story and if you're mad then so am I.

Interesting about the dragonflies as you usually only see them near water.
            I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
              When my grandad was ill before he died 5 years ago I made him a get well soon card with a dragonfly on which he loved and insisted on showing all the nurses and everyone who visited him. About 5 months after he died it was my birthday and I was standing in my garden and a dragonfly flew over to me, I'd never seen one in my garden before and don't think I've seen once since - sounds daft but I knew it was a sign from grandad. Last Friday was really sunny so I had my shop door open and in flew a dragonfly which flew in front of me a few times and then straight out of the shop, again never seen one here before....last friday would've been my grandad's birthday - my nan's been a bit poorly lately which is why I think he came to see me.

Also, the night before he died I had a really vivid dream where I went to visit my parents and grandad was there but looked like he did about 20 years ago - I asked why he was there and he gave me a hug. I'd had a tummy bug for a few days and had been unable to visit him in hospital and I think this was his way of saying goodbye.

OK, I'll stop now as I'm sure you probably all thing I'm stark raving mad now!
              Those are such lovely stories....... made me cry at my desk.

I remember when my nan was ill in hospital, me and my dad went to visit. When we got there my Nan's brothers were there too (one was 90ish and the other was nearly 90) even though they had both battled to get there (both couldn't walk far at all). I distinctly remember saying to my Dad "that's the last time those will all be alive in the same room". My Nan passed away 2 days later - I wonder what made the brother's visit that day, because both hadn't been there to see her that much before, due to ill health.
              Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

NEW Website: www.thecreativemills.co.uk
              Blog: http://thecreativemills.blogspot.com
              Check out my MISI shop: http://thecreativemills.misi.me.uk

Comment

spooky, or wonderful

A hospital is no place to die…at least not here. My mother went in for high blood pressure (she was 91 and a half), and ended up with one infection after another, due to crummy nursing, and she kept saying how she wished she could do something about the way the elderly were treated…

Well after being in the hospital suffering horrifically from all they gave her, she died. Thank God we were all there (it was very sudden), holding her hands or at least resting a loving hand on her, and talking to her – saying we loved her and thanking her for being such a wonderful mother and grandmother, and I asked her to maybe see if she could maybe talk to God about stepping up the “cure” for Juvenile Diabetes which one of my children has.

We were at that time experiencing hurricane Rita, I think it was…Katrina was a couple years later so it had to have been Rita…anyway, my husband was listening to some interviews on NPR during the aftermath, and after my mother’s funeral, and they interviewed a woman who was a nurse, and was volunteering all her time to helping the elderly who were displaced by the hurricane … and her name was…yes, the exact same first and last name as my mother. Furthermore, she was in the little town my husband grew up in…

My husband nearly drove off the road, because he could not see through the tears. He called me immediately and told me about it. There is no other explanation than that it was a message from my mother that, on “the other side” she was indeed doing something to help the elderly, in some capacity…

A couple years later, when my husband’s mother died, he placed a toy pink Cadillac in her hand in the coffin, because she had always wanted one. For weeks after the funeral, we saw MANY pink cadillacs driving along – they’d generally pass us on the highway…and prior to her passing, we NEVER saw pink cadillacs anywhere…also, her photo would frequently be on the floor – fallen from the shelf but face up, when we’d get home…both things eventually stopped, but for a while there it was quite astonishing!

Once I saw a terrible wreck and stopped to help – there was a little boy in the back seat with his scalp peeled back, bleeding profusely, and I could not get any of the doors open. Suddenly it got very quiet and a man opened the opposite door and scooped the boy up as gently and easily as could be. I ran around the car and the man was a short distance away laying the boy on a towel on the ground. I knelt down beside the little boy and looked back up at the man but he was gone. There was no one driving off. No one walking off, no one else at the cars…just me and the little boy.

So believe me. There’s more going on than meets the eye. We’ve all forgotten how to see…and listen.

Comment

The day after my mum died my dad, brother, sister, me and the dog all went to stay in Swaledale to get away from it all.
                  Swaledale was my mums favourite place and we walked her favourite walk from Keld to Muker and back again.
                  Along the way there is a tractor that we always stop at and take photos, when we got there we had some flowers to leave and I read out the poem-

I Did Not Die
                  Do not stand at my grave and weep.
                  I am not there. I do not sleep.
                  I am a thousand winds that blow;
                  I am the diamond glints on snow.
                  I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
                  I am the gentle Autumn’s rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush.
                  I am the swift uplifting rush
                  Of quiet birds in circled flight.
                  I am the soft star that shines at night.
                  Do not stand at my grave and cry.
                  I am not there;
                  I did not die.

It was a calm sunny day but as I read the last three lines there was a gust of wind and we looked at each other and knew it was my mum.

p.s this thread made me cry but in a good way
                  MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

OK so you got me crying too, but only because I believe in stories like these.

Whenever I am stressed or worried I smell burnt toast, but not like you get from a toaster but from properly burning it on an open fire. This has happened many times, one day I mentioned it to my mum who said that my Grandad used to love to cook toast on the top of the cooker, often til it was burnt. I never knew this as he died when I was 4. Apparently he used to spend a lot of time with me (though I was one of many grandchildren).

I now believe it is Grandad letting me know that he is there and that things will be ok, which they always are!
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Oh my Lord, I've just got to work and already I'm blubbing!!!
                      And I've just had a cold chill.... goosebumps and everything.

Natty - I know you didn't to make me cry, I'm just a random cryer!!
                      Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

NEW Website: www.thecreativemills.co.uk
                      Blog: http://thecreativemills.blogspot.com
                      Check out my MISI shop: http://thecreativemills.misi.me.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X