Where Sells Sugared Almonds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Sells Sugared Almonds?

My friends are getting married on Saturday and I've just had a very panicky phonecall from the B2B - she doesn't have enough sugared almonds for the favours! I'd ordered some for her about a month ago from one of my suppliers and she didn't bother to count them when they arrived (easy for me to say, I'd probably be the same) and has just discovered she is about 100 short.

Obviously no time to order any in and we've tried Tesco, Waitrose and the newsagent across the road from my shop and nothing! She's phoning a couple of sweet shops in neighbouring towns in the hope they have them but does anyone know where else might have them - the Co-op? M&S? Asda? Any suggestions???
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Hobbycraft sell them in boxes with the DIY wedding favours

jan x
    www.simplyisis.co.uk

www.purplesnailevents.co.uk

Comment

Somewhere like Makro and Bookers might be worth a try too.. or ebay.. you may find a seller on there who would express deliver.

Comment

Do you have a good confectioners in the town?
        Or Debenhams, Fenwicks, John Lewis?

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

If you cant find them locally, this company will courier a kilo (Average 260 almonds per kilo!) for £11.50 + shipping:

http://www.diyfavourboxes.co.uk/stor...x&cPath=98_140

Comment

I know our poundland shop has them and I think wilkinsons stocks them since they started doing pick and mix after woolies closed
            failing that you could try local newsagents, post offices, some still do the sweets in jars sold by the ounce
            Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
            my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
            my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Do you have a market near you? When I got married I bought mine from our local market and he did them cheaper for me as a early wedding pressie - lovely man!

Karen
              Karen
              www.angelicfolk.co.uk
              Bespoke clothing for your little angels
              http://angelicfolk.etsy.com
              http://www.facebook.com/#!/angelic.folk?ref=profile

Comment

Originally posted by Janx View Post
                Hobbycraft sell them in boxes with the DIY wedding favours

jan x
                Our nearest Hobbycraft is a 130 mile round trip - we must live the furthest away from one than anyone else in the country and I must be one of the few crafters never to have been in one

Originally posted by sparkysdad View Post
                Somewhere like Makro and Bookers might be worth a try too..
                Yep, Bookers have a 3kg bag for about £12, if we don't source any elsewhere today then hubby is going to pop in the Cambridge one on his way home from work...3kg is a bit excessive for 100 almonds and they'll be eating sugared almonds for the next 5 years, oh and did I mention that the Groom2B actually hates almonds but heyho

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                Do you have a good confectioners in the town?
                Or Debenhams, Fenwicks, John Lewis?
                Downside of living out in the sticks - they're in Cambridge but by the time we've finished work they'll be shut and B2B lives even further away.

Originally posted by sparkysdad View Post
                If you cant find them locally, this company will courier a kilo (Average 260 almonds per kilo!) for £11.50 + shipping:
                Cheers for that but may as well get 3x as much at Bookers for the price. Oh and don't fall for the 'average 260 almonds per kilo' tale they obviously all tell - that info is what got B2B in this fix in the first place

Originally posted by beckyboo View Post
                I know our poundland shop has them and I think wilkinsons stocks them since they started doing pick and mix after woolies closed
                failing that you could try local newsagents, post offices, some still do the sweets in jars sold by the ounce
                I've tried the local newsagent here and I know my local PO don't do them but the cheapy shops could well be worth a try - will suggest that to her. Poo no Wilkos near enough to get to between leaving off work and them closing...once again I'm finding myself wishing Woolies was still around!

Thanks guys for all your suggestions, I love living here....except when I need to buy anything in a hurry!

Comment

Dare I suggest - you could make some??

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                    Dare I suggest - you could make some??

Jane
                    Now thats extreme crafting!!!

Comment

We have shop in Clacton which does all the cake decorating bits and bobs, Called AlmondArt, I'm sure they will have them, I dont have their phone number but it might be worth seeing if they could send some to you 1st class or something!

As to Hobbycraft-I know the feeling-nearest is in Romford, Essex-132 mile round trip for me
                      Diane
                      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Just looked and they have a website which says mail order fast

Look here http://almondart.com/acatalog/
                        Diane
                        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

mmmm Sugared Almonds....yum, yum

Guess who hasn't had time to eat today?

On another note - she could always flog the 2 kilos she has left on Ebay...
                          for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                          plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                          Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Thanks so much for all your help and thanks especially to Diane for the PM - the groom2b was delivering hubby's suit to me at the shop when it arrived and he was all set to drive over to Clacton tomorrow. However the b2b called to say she'd found and phoned an old fashioned sweet shop in Bury St Eds who had them and they're putting some to one side for groom2b to collect tomorrow morning - phew!!!

And a couple of dresses I bought off ebay for the wedding arrived today and one of them fits perfectly so very very happy

Every day this week when we've had stressed phone calls from one or other of them we've thanked our lucky stars that we decided to bog off to Sri Lanka 6 years ago to get married stress free

Comment

Working...
                            X