Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's a boontown rats day

Tell me why I don't like Mondays!!!!

My daugher has a phobia of buttons. I couldn't find her cardigan this morning so she had to wear the next size up and so she spent the morning crying and clinging her arms around herself because the buttons keep "making me shudder, sob sob sob"

I've had a really hectic weekend and for some reason the washer didn't seem to be working. Took Eden to school and then came back tried to open the bit to see if it was blocked but couldn't! Started the unassemble the carefully stacked rubbish from around the washer, washed the washer. (Can't have the repair man coming out to a washer that's dirty).
    There is all this rubbish piled up in the passage between the kitchen and my work room and guess what.... customer at the door..... well i havn't even unpacked from the market on saturday yet ... had to help her climb over the mess and into the workroom then delve through the boxes to find a necklace she saw at the market but diodn't buy!

rang the repair man. he wanted to come tomorrow the day Chris's new boss is coming round for a meeting. i couldn't face the thought of the boss arriving to all this mess. I begged him to come today. Don't think there are enough clean clothes to last until tomrrow!

so that's what's happened so far today and this in the week i had set by to upgrade the website. WHY?

Just for the record, I usually love mondays!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

awww what a start to the week...it can only get better
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
    my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
    my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
      Tell me why I don't like Mondays!!!!

My daugher has a phobia of buttons. I couldn't find her cardigan this morning so she had to wear the next size up and so she spent the morning crying and clinging her arms around herself because the buttons keep "making me shudder, sob sob sob"

I've had a really hectic weekend and for some reason the washer didn't seem to be working. Took Eden to school and then came back tried to open the bit to see if it was blocked but couldn't! Started the unassemble the carefully stacked rubbish from around the washer, washed the washer. (Can't have the repair man coming out to a washer that's dirty).
      There is all this rubbish piled up in the passage between the kitchen and my work room and guess what.... customer at the door..... well i havn't even unpacked from the market on saturday yet ... had to help her climb over the mess and into the workroom then delve through the boxes to find a necklace she saw at the market but diodn't buy!

rang the repair man. he wanted to come tomorrow the day Chris's new boss is coming round for a meeting. i couldn't face the thought of the boss arriving to all this mess. I begged him to come today. Don't think there are enough clean clothes to last until tomrrow!

so that's what's happened so far today and this in the week i had set by to upgrade the website. WHY?

Just for the record, I usually love mondays!
      Sounds like another day in paradise

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

That so reminds me of my life when the kids were home. You are obviously trying to be half a dozen people when in fact you are only one. It does get better.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

thanks!!!

I found her cardigan in the end... too late though.... it was stuck in the washer!

Comment

Sorry to hear that your week has got off to such a horrendous start, I hope that things start to pick up for your soon.

I don't usually mind Monday's either but our day seems to be going from bad to worse

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for everyone!!

Comment

well that was a very very expensive 5p piece. cost me £34.50. Basically had gone right through the ststem and then turned sideways and formed a valve. Why do they make the tube the same size as a five p.

Anyway hope tomorrow will be better. I have Eden's cardigan washed so at least the day should start well.

Comment

Oh dear - glad you don't always have days like that! Hope today is better.
                Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Glad it's mended, perhaps you could put the 5p towards a stunning bead and make a huge profit on a fabulous piece of jewellery!
                  Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Glad it's not just me!!!! as the forum members who are also friends on facebook will know, Ive had a bit of a weekend of it too.

Started last week when the iron went wrong and boiling hot water started to pour from the bottom.

Then the electric kettle has decided it wont switch itself off automatically, so now I have to stand and watch it!

Then on Saturday the washing machine started to make a funny noise. Called out the repair man and discovered (much to my embarrassment) that an underwired bra had got into the machine with the rest of the washing and the wire had come out and got wrapped round the back of the drum- cost me £40 (and a new bra!!!!)

Then on Sunday, Tayla decided she wanted fried egg on toast for breakfast, I put on the pan with a little oil in it, got distracted, returned to the kitchen a few minutes later to see the pan go up in flames, resulting in, 1 burnt pan, 1 scorched deck and 1 ruined wet teatowel

All this and the children winghing because they have SAT's this week and it's "so not fair"

However, all that said, we're still alive and have a roof over our heads, health is ok and we continue to plod along with my thoughts firmly fixed on those less fortunate and friends with problems who I'm too far away to be of any use to!!!

Such is life and there's always tomorrow
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                    X