I have a job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a job!

Well i am now employed! Its a temp job with the Scottish Goverment. The post is a Policy Officer within hte Animal Health and Welfare department. Iv never done any office work before and im not confident at all! But its quite interesting stuff, so i hope that'l make it more interesting. I start on 18th May. I just hope my jewellery wont suffer!
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

thats brilliant, well done. See now your confidence will grow. How temporary is it? full time? Wsa it through an agency. Ah really good news for a change

Comment

THATS WONDERFUL NEWS, Congratulations.
      You have been trying for some time now, don't worry about the office work, take it one step at a time and I am sure it will all fall into place.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

That's awesome news! And as you'll be a 'civil servant', I expect you'll have loads of spare time
        "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
        Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
        http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congrats, thats brilliant news! I am sure it will all make sense in no time at all
          Terry xxx
          You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
          Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

great news congratulations!
            www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Its for 3 months at first but they said itl probably get extended. Thing is i have applied for a Phd! Iv yet to hear back from that though.

Its full time and was through Pertemps and the pay isnt bad. £8 an hour and it is flexi time Though i have no clue about htat so not sure how much il take advantage of it. Its good though incase i need to send any jewellery out in the post i can do it before work and go in later.

I just need to suck it up and realise that the real world means i need to talk to actual people
              Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Congratulations and in your new job!! What are you planning on doing your PhD in?
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

It was a set Phd with the Scottish Agricultural College. Its control strategies for ecoli in cattle. Would mean lots of travelling to and from farms in Scotland!

Comment

when do you find out if you get the phd or not?

Comment

Sounds like it could be quite interesting. You'll have to see how the job goes and then see if you still fancy the PhD. It's a lot of hard work to get a PhD all finished and written up! I could do one if I wanted (work at a uni so would have the opportunity part time) but I really don't feel like I would have the motivation to get it finished, and don't think it would be much use to me careerwise.
                      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Yeah, i decided to apply for it anyway, to give me the option. But when i was done uni i thought, yes! No more essays lol. But il wait and see. This job might be interesting enough that il see if i can get more like it. Plus there is another job with the Scottish Government that i want to apply to. Its an Agricultural Officer. I would be spending most of my time out and about on farms rather than in an office, but i dont think its based in Edinburgh though.

Comment

Excellent news.

Having done office work all my working life, and also as a civil servant in Local Government, I can say you will find it very easy so don't worry, if they had any doubts about your abilities they would not have taken you on, so think of that and go in on 18th May and take it a step at a time, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Good luck (although I am sure you won't need it)
                          Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Well done you - Congratulations - another string to your bow!

Jane
                            www.just-soaps.com
                            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

great news well done!

Visit my blog!
                              http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
                              www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X