No announcement yet.

Do companies really want our business??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do companies really want our business??

We have been looking for an extractor for our kitchen, and due to the size of the room need a fairly high extraction rate (650m3/hr) which is fairly hard to find.. Also concerned that it doesn't sound like Concorde taking off whenever it is in use so have been doing my research for weeks..

Despite "noise" and Extraction rates being the two biggest factors in terms of practicality, very few companies automatically publish this information.. they seem to think we will just choose a pretty one!?!

Finally found 2 contenders on E-bay... so I messaged both with queries to confirm the technical specs, and to enquire about delivery costs - one of them has a showroom opposite our house, so "not happy" to pay £20 delivery!!

On Friday morning I sent messages through e-bay, also through the company websites,,, I also called both on Saturday, to be asked to leave a message.. and today I am still waiting!! not even an acknowledgement!!

I know it is only 1 full working day equivalent, though both were trading Saturday and Sunday too.. but I am just amazed that both say they get back to you "same day"..

I also phoned a Business Transfer Agent last Tuesday to ask about a business they were advertising for sale.. Can't imagine they are rushed off their feet just at the moment..

Seems however, they are "too busy" to answer my queries, or confirm a viewing date and time!!

Comment

Originally posted by sparkysdad View Post
      We have been looking for an extractor for our kitchen, and due to the size of the room need a fairly high extraction rate (650m3/hr) which is fairly hard to find.. Also concerned that it doesn't sound like Concorde taking off whenever it is in use so have been doing my research for weeks..

Despite "noise" and Extraction rates being the two biggest factors in terms of practicality, very few companies automatically publish this information.. they seem to think we will just choose a pretty one!?!

Finally found 2 contenders on E-bay... so I messaged both with queries to confirm the technical specs, and to enquire about delivery costs - one of them has a showroom opposite our house, so "not happy" to pay £20 delivery!!

On Friday morning I sent messages through e-bay, also through the company websites,,, I also called both on Saturday, to be asked to leave a message.. and today I am still waiting!! not even an acknowledgement!!

I know it is only 1 full working day equivalent, though both were trading Saturday and Sunday too.. but I am just amazed that both say they get back to you "same day"..

Could be they have heard about you (he he)

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
        Could be they have heard about you (he he)

Jane
        Oi! you saucy minx!

I am persistent, I WILL nail the blighters..

Actually their loss.. in my "waiting" time I started looking around and found the factory.. and they will sell one pro forma! O/h on his way with cash as we speak!!

Strictly a "business" purchase of course "SD Kitchen fitters" innit..

Comment

i totally agree with you !

Theres been a couple of different things iv been looking for recently and iv found some companies less than willing to help. i mean, im here with money to spend with your company and they just seem to be knocking it back! I dont understand it. I thought there was a recession!
          Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Originally posted by SNOWF1975 View Post
            i totally agree with you !

Theres been a couple of different things iv been looking for recently and iv found some companies less than willing to help. i mean, im here with money to spend with your company and they just seem to be knocking it back! I dont understand it. I thought there was a recession!
            apparently not near our house... just the rest of the world!

Comment

My main company is taking 3 days right now to get back to a customer. This time of year is always busy in matter if the uk down on sales, quotes still keep coming..

Phone peeps if you want instant info.. email = 3-5days for most small companies imho...

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
              (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post
                My main company is taking 3 days right now to get back to a customer. This time of year is always busy in matter if the uk down on sales, quotes still keep coming..

Phone peeps if you want instant info.. email = 3-5days for most small companies imho...
                They dont answer the phone either!!!

Comment

Try living in Spain, lol. The motto here for workmen is "never pay up front for anything". If you do it could take up to a year to get the simplest job done!!

Caroline
                  silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
                  bespoke handmade jewellery
                  Silver Jewellery blog
                  Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

I am only assuming that the recession is a myth!

I have phoned 5 different architecs to get drawings for an extension we are building and only one has ever got back to me!

I could chase them , but I tend to think if I am chasing them before they get the job, how bad will they be when they are woorking for you!
                    Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by silverjewelleryworkshop View Post
                      Try living in Spain, lol. The motto here for workmen is "never pay up front for anything". If you do it could take up to a year to get the simplest job done!!

Caroline
                      My Aunt has just returned to the UK after 20+years on the Costa del Sol.. she and her husband made a fairly decent living from people who hated using Spanish companies for that reason!

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post

If we get email enquiries we respond within 24 hours . . even if it's just to say we're looking into your questions and we'll get back to you . . I think it's polite to respond ASAP by phone or email.
                        Gloria

www.dichro-findings.co.uk
                        Etsy Shop
                        Artfire Shop
                        dichro-findings blog

Comment

Originally posted by hdflred View Post
                          I am only assuming that the recession is a myth!

I have phoned 5 different architecs to get drawings for an extension we are building and only one has ever got back to me!

I could chase them , but I tend to think if I am chasing them before they get the job, how bad will they be when they are woorking for you!
                          Architects can be notoriously "bad" at customer service.. but I agree, if they wont phone the bill payer, they wont phone your workmen, or planning officer and so forth.. so probably best left to their own devices..

Comment

Hi Sparkysday
                            If they are giving you the run around of 'can't be botheredness'-then give them the same treatment and look elsewhere to buy your equipment. I'm sure you'll find it and the seller will be grateful too for your custom

xx Carol xx

Comment

Originally posted by dichrofindings View Post
                              If we get email enquiries we respond within 24 hours . . even if it's just to say we're looking into your questions and we'll get back to you . . I think it's polite to respond ASAP by phone or email.
                              100% agree. I had a customer e-mail me once to say that a piece I had sent was faulty. I replied the next day to arrange an exchange and recieved a response expressing amazement at my prompt reply, I can only assume she had had some bad experiences in the past. She is now probably my most loyal customer.
                              I know how frustrating it is not to recieve a reply when you are waiting so I always reply ASAP.

Caroline
                              silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
                              bespoke handmade jewellery
                              Silver Jewellery blog
                              Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X