New Neigbours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Neigbours

As some of you will know we moved into our new home five weeks ago.

We are settling in and loving having a garden although at the moment it's a bit bare. Our next door neighbours introduced themselves over the fence and chat to us whenever we are out in the garden, really nice people but the other neighbours seemed distant and didn't even say hello.

Well yesterday the next door lady on the other side started chatting to us which really cheered me up, anyway we went out to do some shopping and when we came back next door but one who have never even spoken to us gave us a lovely seat for our garden its bamboo with cushions, so now we have somewhere to sit out in the sunshine. What a nice thing to do.

We found out yesterday that the people in the house before us were a bit dodgy to say the least and I think people were just being a bit wary and waiting to see what we are like and now they've decided we are OK.
    I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

glad you are settling in and that you are getting to know your neighbours.
    Having been living next to the house from hell I have had three consecutive families who were Trouble (with a capital T) I've now got some really nice neighbours. Thank God!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

aww thats nice of them, good neighbours make all the difference, hope you are settling in well
      www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Sounds like you have lovely neighbours. We hardly ever see ours, and consider ourselves fortunate if they bother to say hello. We are just fed up of numerous footballs landing in our garden, and it doesn't matter how many times they come round and ask to have them back (better than what they used to do by standing on the trampoline and peering over the fence) it does get very annoying when you have had the same 3 balls in the garden every half an hour!! I have had a ball amnesty. They are now in the garage til I can be bothered to let them have them back.
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Ahhh, the ball thing!
          When our latest (and nice) neighbours moved in, a football appeared in our garden. being the nice neighbour's that we are chucked it back.
          The following day it was there again.
          It happened for at least 3 months and every time we chucked the ball back over.
          One day the neighbour was in the garden when I chucke it back. I said "just pop round for it, we don't mind!" It actually turned out that the ball didn't belong to them. We think it was left behind by the previous neighbours.
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

We have lovely neighbours, there if we need them but not in each others pockets.

I did have a neighbour from hell, who told us they had problems with every neighbour they had ever had!!!!! They had to move every few years!

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
              We have lovely neighbours, there if we need them but not in each others pockets.

I did have a neighbour from hell, who told us they had problems with every neighbour they had ever had!!!!! They had to move every few years!

Jane
              We have just got rid of one.. Actually the people themselves were never any bother, but they had a very big dog and a cat in a small house.. There's no garden, just a very small walled in yard. The problems started with the dog being shut out for hours on end, and constantly barking and whining.. Then one night during that bad rainy spell it was out for 24 hours with no shelter at all.

In the end we called the RSPCA and on their advice also the council (Noise pollution) and Street Cleaning (dog mess in the yard).. After a few weeks they disappeared thankfully...

We discovered that they "blamed" the landlord for grassing them to the RSPCA.. and so called the council to inspect the house claiming it was uninhabitable!! The Inspector came, and asked the landlord to attend so any necessary repairs could be instigated.. The inspector checked in to their history, and it turned out they were making multiple benefit claims, and claiming 2 lots of housing benefit too!!

All in all, neighbours gone, Dog and cat re homed (hopefully where they will be appreciated more) now we wait and see who will be there next (

Comment

I have some very nice neighbours , a family on one side which is lovely as we had alot of singletons there over the years who didn't understand why I got angry with them when they decided to put a cd on at full blast at 2am when my kids were little!, and I have a young couple who are just starting out.
                I've had spats over the years with various neighbours , normally over trivial things , but all in all I like all my neighbours
                Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Aww, I'm so glad you're being welcomed hun. Good neighbours make all the difference, and that was a really nice thing for them to do.

*hugs* Long may the good luck last.
                  Rach x

Dare to dream ~ never afraid to fail.

~ Jewellery by RMC ~ Blog ~ Twitter me
                  ~ Fb business ~ Misi me ~

Comment

Originally posted by Alice21 View Post

Well yesterday the next door lady on the other side started chatting to us which really cheered me up, anyway we went out to do some shopping and when we came back next door but one who have never even spoken to us gave us a lovely seat for our garden its bamboo with cushions, so now we have somewhere to sit out in the sunshine. What a nice thing to do.
                    Possibly like us, they were wary of offending too!! we had an old TV which we ummed and aaahhed about offering to our neighbours.. some weeks before they had gone to look at new TV's and not bought one as they were too expensive.. The one we had spare was a 22" so not very big, but we knew that they had been using an old portable for a while.. In the end, we wimped out for a few weeks. Then we had a chance to mention it in passing, and they were really pleased to have it.. Though some folk do take offence easily over such things..

Comment

Working...
                    X