Northants/Wark meet up anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northants/Wark meet up anyone?

Does anyone in the Northants / Warks area fancy a meet up for a coffee towards the end of May?

It will most likely be a Saturday afternoon (or Sun if that's better for most), somewhere in the Daventry/Weedon area.

Give me a shout if you're interested, and which dates you can/can't do and I'll arrange something.

Claire
    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

yes please
    www.zazu-jewellery.co.uk
    http://zazu-jewellery.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/zazujewellery
    @zazujewellery

Comment

I'm game! Can't do Saturdays though as have to work Also won't be back from Florida until May 26th Apart from that I can do any time! Selina

Comment

Count me in. I'm retired so can do any time.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Looks like it might just be the 4 of us so far

I'll have to double check my diary for dates, but how about (only provisionally) either Sunday 31st May or Sunday 7th June at the Mill House in Braunston, between Daventry & Rugby - they're right on the canal so if it's sunny we can sit outside and watch the boats go past

I'll check my diary later as I'm sure I've got something on 1 of those sundays already

Claire

Comment

I'll be there in spirit

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I'd say yes, but we're likely to have the inlaws round at some point as it is hubbys half term towards the end of may.
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Either will do for me. That was my home for 6 years of my young life so I know where it is. It wasn't a pub then. it was flats for evacuees during the war.
                Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                  It wasn't a pub then. it was flats for evacuees during the war.
                  I had no idea that it was used for evacuees - I've lived in the area all my life and still keep finding out snippets of history I didn't know.

It definitely won't be Sunday 7th - I've just had a call asking me to do an event on that day

I'll post a couple of alternative dates up soon - I'm sure we'll all get to meet up in the end

Claire

Comment

Count me in for the 31st please!
                    Cathy xx
                    http://folksy.com/shops/Cathy
                    http://www.recycledbaglady.co.uk/
                    http://owlfamilydiary.blogspot.com/
                    I don't have a short attention span, I ... Ooh look, there's a chicken!

Comment

Originally posted by ladyluckjewellery View Post
                      I had no idea that it was used for evacuees - I've lived in the area all my life and still keep finding out snippets of history I didn't know.

It definitely won't be Sunday 7th - I've just had a call asking me to do an event on that day

I'll post a couple of alternative dates up soon - I'm sure we'll all get to meet up in the end

Claire
                      I suppose - strictly speeking we were not evacuees. We came from Leicester and my Stepfather was working for the MOS during the war and travelled round the Country teaching people to make amunition and guns. He was sent to Westbornes, the factory next door to Braunston House (The Mill House) and we were housed there temporarily but the war ended so there we stayed. One of the other families were rehoused from the blitz in Coventry.
                      Carol

Comment

OK, I can definitely do Sunday 31st May - who else is OK for that date?

I don't know what time is best for people - I was going to suggest 1pm ish but if another time suits people better I can do anytime really.

Claire

Comment

I've put it on my calender. Meet in garden if nice day, inside if raining OK.
                          Carol

Comment

Hey, I'd be up for meeting for a coffee.... and I think I'm free on the 31st May (bonus!).
                            I'm not quite sure of the place that you're talking about but I can look on a map.

It will be nice to put a few faces to names

Sally x x
                            Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

NEW Website: www.thecreativemills.co.uk
                            Blog: http://thecreativemills.blogspot.com
                            Check out my MISI shop: http://thecreativemills.misi.me.uk

Comment

I love The Mill House in Braunston, went there last week and sat outside actually! I'm doing a 2 day weekend event on 30th & 31st May at Castle Ashby, Northants.

Maybe you could all come afterwards? hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X