Is it enough now!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it enough now!?

Right i sold my painting on eBay a weeks ago. I offered this guy a 2nd chance bid and he accepted. Thing is he hasnt paid and didnt contact me until last night. He claims his internet isnt working. And he claims he doesnt know how to pay me....He says (and i quote from email)

- I have tried to gain access to pay pal address but have failed i dont know it.

Now i presume everyone on ebay has a paypal account yes? I then sent him one back giving him my paypal address and the total he has to pay. He then sent -

i have still been looking how to pay for the painting have any you suggestions to suit you?

And i replied again that paypal is the way to go. And he hasnt responded yet! I have a 2nd bidder that is willing to pay for the painting now. Should i just give up on this guy now? Am i in my right? I think hes playing me really.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
    Right i sold my painting on eBay a weeks ago. I offered this guy a 2nd chance bid and he accepted. Thing is he hasnt paid and didnt contact me until last night. He claims his internet isnt working. And he claims he doesnt know how to pay me....He says (and i quote from email)

- I have tried to gain access to pay pal address but have failed i dont know it.

Now i presume everyone on ebay has a paypal account yes? I then sent him one back giving him my paypal address and the total he has to pay. He then sent -

i have still been looking how to pay for the painting have any you suggestions to suit you?

And i replied again that paypal is the way to go. And he hasnt responded yet! I have a 2nd bidder that is willing to pay for the painting now. Should i just give up on this guy now? Am i in my right? I think hes playing me really.

hi i had a bidder like that, i ended up sending them an email and giving the 24 hours - from the email, they never got in touch so i cancelled their bid and second chance offered it to the other bidder, hope this helps.
    * Julie *

If you clicked the scales to add rep points then thankyou very much

SMILE AND THE WHOLE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU!

http://twitter.com/juliemarley
    http://withlovexx.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/juliemarley64

Comment

I gave him until Thursday and he didnt pay. Then i said this yeterday-

Hello

I understand your problems but i cant afford to have a painting in my
      house that someone else can pay for right now if i asked them. I am
      perfectly in my right to say to you that you are taking too long to
      pay for this and give it to the other buyer. If you turn around and
      tell me in a few days time that you cannot pay for it i may loose out
      on this other buyer. It has been 5 days since this was sold to you.

Can you pay me tomorrow? If not then i am offering it to the other buyer.

Then he said all that about paypal....I think i might just offer it to the other guy. Yeah il do that.
      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Yes, you do that! You've given him enough time already and his answers (by the look of it) don't sound convincing to me. Always specify in any future listings when the transaction should be completed by ie: 5 days etc, then they really have no excuse. Maybe he doesn't have a PP account, but he should have thought about that before he placed a bid.
        Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Some people do not have a paypal account.. and I for one have "forgotten" my passwords and user names on various things!! but having said that, if he has forgotten his details he could either set up a new one, or request the password from paypal on the "forgotten details" link..

Comment

Of course, you could always raise a direct invoice via paypal if you know his email address - then he will get a notification in his email, and a link to "pay now" too.

Comment

Arg how annoying! I had someone not pay once till an hour before I could report her!!

As for paypal, you can pay via paypal without an account, you just use your card, am sure I have done this before (dont quote me, I may be wrong as it was a while ago!)

x hannah

Comment

I personally would offer it to the other bidder and send him an email saying that that his offer/bid has been retracted. Have a look at his feedback and see if anyone else has had any problems with him (must admit im a bit of a nosy cow when it comes to other peoples feedback!!).

Hope you get it all sorted soon.

Donna
                xx
                The Soap Fairy xx
                www.thesoapfairy.net

Comment

I offered it to the other bidder and he paid within 3 hours! Plus he paid £4 extra Sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
                    I offered it to the other bidder and he paid within 3 hours! Plus he paid £4 extra Sorted!
                    You might want to specify "Paypal only" in any future listings, you can do it in the payment methods when you create the listing.

Comment

Working...
                    X