advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice please

I'm looking for some advice re a blender purchase. We're primarily wanting to be able to blend soups, and I know some blenders will crack with hot things like soup. Would a hand blender be better, and just use it in the saucepan or is there another option to consider?

Thanks,
    El
    Please visit my website - forum members discount details on offers thread!
    http://www.silverjewellerydesigns.com/

I make a lot of soups and have tried several different methods and find my liquidiser the best (but most £). It is a glass Kenwood Chef attachment and I can put hot soup straight into it without any damage. Is heavy though and a pain to wash up.
    I also have a hand blender. It is not meant to be used on hot soup but I do! Can splat a bit and does not make it as smooth. But less to wash up!
    My Mun swears by a potato masher!
    I would buy a glass liquidiser if I were you but I cant recommend a make.
    Good luck.

Comment

A glass liquidiser (mine's a Braun, but I don't like the plastic cogs at the bottom, metal is better) is good. I don't wash it up as such, just rinse and put some soapy water in then switch it on and rinse again.

Or a Bamix - it's the only hand blender that will do the job as well as a liquidiser imo, but more expensive!
      george
      www.mizgeorge.co.uk
      www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
      www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Are you looking for commercial or domestic?

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thanks for the ideas, will look into those.

I'm after a domestic one btw, preferably not too hard on the wallet either!
          Please visit my website - forum members discount details on offers thread!
          http://www.silverjewellerydesigns.com/

Comment

Working...
          X