Job Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Interview

I have an interview on Thursday at a hospital. Well, thee biggest hospital in Edinburgh. Its a Biomedical Support Worker in the labs. I really want this job!! Iv had my sister who works for the NHS in managment to help me prepare but i still think i can do more. She says they all ask stock questions like give examples of when you last showed team work and what was the outcome, etc.

So, yeah. Not sure what else i can do. Im trying to find some info on the department that il work in but cant seem to find anything. Also trying to think of questions i can ask them! Which is always a problem. Im thinking i ask them about any training oppertunities as it is very much a job that you can progress and train as a biomedical scientist. Its not my first choice of job, i prefer animal biology but its a very good start.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

That sounds a bit too technical for my liking but just wanted to wish you good luck and all the best! fingers crossed

Comment

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Don't know anything about medical stuff so can't offer any advice except to say try to sound positive, you know, a firm voice. Shake hands if you get the chance. That makes you look a positive person too. I'm a bit out of practice on interviews but I am sure loads of crafters will be able to offer sound advice.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I wish you all the best! I know how hard it can be but just relax and you'll be fine..

The job sounds very interesting too. I study bio-informatics and sometimes we touch on the kind of stuff you mentioned. I also think animal biology is better
        Some of my creations:
        http://learningspirit.co.uk

Comment

Congrats on getting the interview and good luck!!! Sounds like you're preparing well and your sister is giving you some good advise And the training question is always a good one to ask as it shows you're commited to the job if you get it and see it as a long term career (even if you don't )

You go get 'em girl
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I think a lot of my problem is that i feel like i need to lie in interviews! But they arnt bare faced lies. Just saying what could happen lol.

I always wondered whether i should shake hands of the interviewers. There are 4 of them!
            Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

oh and also... think of question(s) to ask at the end of the interview. When they ask "do you have any questions?" its better to look as if you are interested and keen and want to know stuff, rather than just saying no so you can get out of there!

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
                I think a lot of my problem is that i feel like i need to lie in interviews! But they arnt bare faced lies. Just saying what could happen lol.

I always wondered whether i should shake hands of the interviewers. There are 4 of them!
                I would think just the person who gets up to welcome you into the room (If they do). Don't force the issue, just if the opportunity presents itself.
                Carol
                God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Fingers crossed - is it a clinical dept - or research connected with the Uni?
                  ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                  website
                  blog

Comment

Its the haematology department in the hospital. So it deals with all of the blood samples taken in hte hospital and beyond.

Comment

I was just thinking....i have an answer to the question - why did you apply for this job. What i dont have an answer for is the more specific question of why do you want to apply for a job with humans as the main benifactor (sp!) rather than animals. They will have seen my CV which shows my whole education has been animal based. HND animal care, vet nursing and animal biology.....

Comment

Good Luck with the interview, on one interview I went to they asked me what was my greatest achivement outside the usual having children etc.

My mind went blank then I remembered we had climbed the highest mountain in southern Scotland.

Just have something in mind in case they ask that question.

You'll be fine x
                        I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Good luck, I'm sure it'll go perfectly Our eldest son went for an interview recenty and he said he shook hands with all of the interviewers before sitting down, and not just making eye contact with one, make sure you're talking to all of them, but not look as if you're watching a game of tennis
                          Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
                            I was just thinking....i have an answer to the question - why did you apply for this job. What i dont have an answer for is the more specific question of why do you want to apply for a job with humans as the main benifactor (sp!) rather than animals. They will have seen my CV which shows my whole education has been animal based. HND animal care, vet nursing and animal biology.....
                            When I saw the job advertised the medical(?) and analytical(?) aspects of it interested me greatly and I felt that many of the skills/abilities I have gained studying for my HND can be transferred to this job, such as (give example here of relevent skills).
                            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

What i dont have an answer for is the more specific question of why do you want to apply for a job with humans as the main benifactor (sp!) rather than animals.
                              Your previous experience has been in the field of animal care - but you are definitely concerned about the welfare of humans. Whilst desiring to broaden your experience you do feel that your acquired skills are transferable into the biomedical field...
                              ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                              website
                              blog

Comment

Working...
                              X