Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pets

What pets do you all have?

We have two house bunnies .. and bunnies are for life, not just for Easter by the way and a cat. The rabbits are both rescues and live indoors and the cat was inherited from my grandmother.

These are the bunnies. Bob is the one of the left, a Dutch and Miss Grace is on the right, she's a double gene lionhead.

And this is Jessica.

The buns, Little Bob and Miss Grace sleep in a pen, are housetrained and have the free run of the living room by day and seem to think it's their god given right to clamber all over the furniture and to leap across large divides onto the cat, Jessica, who is now terrified of Gracie! The buns sneak out of the living room and go in the kitchen, one goes upstairs and runs madly about. They once escaped from the pen .. when we were OUT and when I came home I saw Little Bob trying to hide behind something but I could see his ears poking up from behind his hideout and Gracie was as still as a stone in the middle of the room with a look which suggested she had been caught in the act which she had.

Jessica is a typical tortoiseshell, ie - spitfire harpy who can turn on a sixpence!

At work we have snakes, scorpions, geckos, cockroaches, a millipede, tarantulas.... at home we have a fish tank with snails in it. We did have fish in it, but they have died off one by one... and the snails are all that's left. I've been meaning to get the fishtank emptied out and reset ready for some new fish, but haven't got round to it yet. It will be one of my maternity leave jobs!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

When I was a kiddie I had a very irrational fear of scorpions in my shoes! I don't know where I was expecting one to come from in Portsmouth!

Comment

Maybe they were going to come in on a ship from abroad! If you don't want scorpions in your shoes where sandals. Nowhere for them to hide.
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hehe, very true! Though I did once see a lizard ambling along in a built up area .. it disappeared into someone's garden.

Comment

Could have been the common lizard. Not sure it would have been a sand lizard as I don't know how many sandy areas there are in Portsmouth. Only 2 native lizards in UK with legs.
            View my flickr

Comment

is this a private thread, or can anyone join in?

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Carry on and join in.
                View my flickr

Comment

I don't have any pets

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I love Jessica's colours.. She's beautiful! I love all the rabbits too but I've always had a soft spot for rabbits

I don't have any pets at the moment because I am back at my mum's place. But until recently, I had a hamster (Hammy) and the neighbours cat (Fluffy) keeping us company ! I have to say I much preferred the Hammy, but Fluffy grew on me over time. She seemed to soften to us.

Hammy:

Fluffy:

I can't wait to get a big enough place to have my own rabbits!
                    Some of my creations:
                    http://learningspirit.co.uk

Comment

We have 2 elderly cats, 2 guinea pigs, 1 mad dog and 8 chickens!

Sometimes I think we have too many pets.

Comment

I used to have a lab called Flynn, but i had to rehome him. The worst day of my life I had him since he was 8 weeks old.

Also had a horse on loan but he too i had to return.

I have 2 cats though. Milo and Pagan. They are with me in the flat.

Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

I also love miss grace!!!

I have a tank of tropical fish and a cockatiel called Alice. She giggles, says her name, wolf whistles, does impressions of the phone ringing and whistles pop goes the weasle (well, she used to be able to but nowadays she gets it all mixed up!)

I can't post a photo but Ive added one onto my blog here:

http://charlottehupfieldceramics.blogspot.com/

Comment

Your cockatiel looks lovely, and sounds like she has a great personality!!
                            View my flickr

Comment

I have posted this pic before but, hey ho, here it is again.

My dearest ancient mutt. Bless her. and her two best friends.

Carol
                              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X