Woo Hoo! Off to see Tina Turner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo Hoo! Off to see Tina Turner!

Well, I booked the tickets last April and the day has finally arrived - me and my sis are off to see Tina Turner at the MEN tonight!

Been so busy recently. I completed the initial order of jewellery for my hairdresser (who's now selling my stock via her shop) last week and she had orders for another 15 items already so, hopefully, that will continue.

On the downside, my partner and I have decided to postpone our wedding til next year. It's now been 4 months since he was made redundant and the money is starting to get a little tight so it seems ridiculous to dig an even deeper hole financially. It was a choice of scale down to a very small, quiet event or postpone and still have the elements we wanted so, after much discussion, have taken the second option. Spent last few days making phone calls and explaining situation to people, most of which have been very understanding - after all, it's a global situation and I know we're not the only people affected. Luckily, we've had nothing engraved with the date we had originally planned so that's a bonus!

So busy, busy, busy and really need a break and tonight is it! I've heard the show is fantastic and, even though she's now 69, Tina Turner still puts on a brilliant performance. I can't wait!!!!!
    Jane

If beads were still currency, I'd be a millionaire!

http://www.wildheartcrafts.co.uk/

You lucky girl! My nephews going as well, I'm so jealous.
    Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh, I am so envious, I think she is great!!
      Would love to see her.

Why don't you just slip off and get married somewhere memorable, doesn't have to be expensive?

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Have a good night. I will stand at the end of my street and wave as you go past.
        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Hi Jane

It wasn't going to be hugely expensive in that we were looking at under £4k as a total budget which, I'm told, is actually quite cheap for a wedding. However, we've both got quite a lot of nearest and dearest - including 5 children between us and really want them all included in some way or another on the day. The biggest expenses were the venue and catering and even shopping around for best deals, it's a big chunk of the budget. Some things you can influence more than others - the registrar's flat rate is £270 whilst the material for wedding and bridesmaid's dresses altogether came to under £160! 'Sides this is the first and only time for me (yup, I'm 42 and getting married for the first time - lol) so am willing to wait to make it my dream day!
          Jane

Comment

£270 where you getting married ? That seems a lot

Comment

It's Dewsbury registrar's that conduct the service and register all the necessary paperwork. That didn't include the £60 we had to pay to Leeds Council (as we live within that area) to have the notices posted! I think it's about on a par with the fees most council's charge.

I must admit I fell in love with the venue which is a listed building so we had to go with that council. Mind you, their fee is only £640 for the whole day which includes use of the main hall for the ceremony and a beautiful barn conversion for the whole day -and it's also got restored period gardens for photos and a huge country park around it. That was actually less than what some of the hotels charge - and I found many of them pretty bland and 'corporate'. And then you're stuck with their catering services, which are definitely very pricey and don't offer the kind of range I wanted.
              Jane

Comment

Just looking at this it don't add in extras I supose. http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ma...cost/index.asp

Comment

Have Fun!

I hope it's everything you want it to be tonight.

I'm not a fan myself, but I know how the excitement feels. I'm going to see Only Men Aloud (tame compared to TT, but they work for me) at the end of the month! I bought the tickets months ago, as a birthday present for my Dad (but taking Mum too)

I let Himself take over the tv trols, so never got to watch Last Choir Standing. Having watched the highlights on the Tube, I'm kicking myself. If the put another series on, I'll be glued to it.

Jules
                  Apple Tree Crafts
                  www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Working...
                  X