ebay feedback prompt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay feedback prompt

not sure where to put this but hopefully here wont upset the mods!

Occassionally when I havent got round to leaving feedback for my ebay purchases I get an email prompt from the seller asking me to leave feedback. I've browsed through the unhelpful help section and not learnt anything - does anyone know how to set up these emails, as some of my customers can be a bit lax!

Thanks
    El
    Please visit my website - forum members discount details on offers thread!
    http://www.silverjewellerydesigns.com/

Sorry I can't help, I always thought they were manually sent?

Not much help am I?

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I agree with Greannan I have always had to send them manually! still customers don't always reply!
      Diane
      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Customers aren't obliged to reply. I find reminder e-mails very annoying. I leave feedback when I am ready.
        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I have to admit, I do tend to forget or put it off

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I tend to type up a note to be sent with the delivered goods saying something like "dont forget to leave feedback like i have done for you " it usually works! I agree with the others, I dont think there is a custom choice to remind buyers to leave feedback, it is done yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
              Customers aren't obliged to reply. I find reminder e-mails very annoying. I leave feedback when I am ready.

I agree the email reminders are annoying. I tend to wait at least a couple of weeks before sending a very polite email. It's not because I want the feedback but this is the only way I know the customer has received the goods. ok, so I know they will soon let me know if they haven't but it does complete the transaction. (Must admit I don't sell that many items on ebay to worry about it much)
              Diane
              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I've never asked or reminded anyone to leave feedback - on the principal that if I had a shop it's really up to the customer whether they feel I'm worthy of a Thank You..

Also it really ticks me off when people send me reminders - I have hundreds to leave every month so I do it on a Sunday Morning once a month and it's jolly tedious So people emailing me asking me to (basically) "Hurry Up" is pretty annoying...and may get you a response you don't want!

Imagine if the person you 'politely remind' actually wasn't happy with your service and wasn't going to leave feedback because they didn't want to be negative...but your email prompts them to leave a neutral or a negative...

I'd just leave it to them to leave the feedback when and if they are ready

MHO

Jude
                for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Originally posted by Bath-Bomb.Com View Post
                  I've never asked or reminded anyone to leave feedback - on the principal that if I had a shop it's really up to the customer whether they feel I'm worthy of a Thank You..

Also it really ticks me off when people send me reminders - I have hundreds to leave every month so I do it on a Sunday Morning once a month and it's jolly tedious So people emailing me asking me to (basically) "Hurry Up" is pretty annoying...and may get you a response you don't want!

Imagine if the person you 'politely remind' actually wasn't happy with your service and wasn't going to leave feedback because they didn't want to be negative...but your email prompts them to leave a neutral or a negative...

I'd just leave it to them to leave the feedback when and if they are ready

MHO

Jude
                  Good points there Bathbomb - not allowed to give you a rep point
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

Good points!

I was hoping to approach it more from a checking everythings ok way than harassing people way so maybe just a polite email sometime afterwards asking if the item got there ok etc is more what I should be doing!

Cheers guys.
                    Please visit my website - forum members discount details on offers thread!
                    http://www.silverjewellerydesigns.com/

Comment

If you use selling manager pro you can send bulk emails to buyers reminding them to leave feedback. You just view your sold items, put a tick next to the names of the buyers to with to email then select the relevant template (or create your own) using the dropdown list at the bottom of the page.

You can also use this system to send payment reminders or for flyers / promotions.
                      Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistant one.
                      - A. Einstein

Hand crafted Driftwood gifts and homewares from North Devon
                      www.whitepebblebay.co.uk

Comment

i generally dont leave feedback if im not happy with the service, mainly because they havnt left me feedback!
                        www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Write up a short, polite note to add to the parcel you are sending out, asking the recipient to 'kindly leave feedback upon receipt to let you know that it has arrived safely, and that you will do the same'. It works for me.
                          Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have to say I'm another one that hates being reminded to leave feedback - in fact it's almost invariably going to make me NOT leave it, or leave neutral because I've been hassled, and that's not good customer service.

I also dislike being told that a seller will leave feedback for me once I've left it for them - once I've paid up and they've sent an item, their end of the transaction is complete (from a feedback point of view). Waiting to see what I say (or if I say anything at all) is irritating beyond measure. Especially since sellers can no longer leave retaliatory feedback for buyers.

I almost always do get round to it, in my own good time, but don't nag me or I'll dig my heels in!

Sorry to sound so vehement, but this is a subject that can really annoy me!
                            george
                            www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                            www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                            www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Im not bothered if people leave it or not! though as a Seller I always leave feedback as soon as the transaction is completed and the item dispatched, As a buyer I always wait....

I did have one awful transaction from a weird person who wanted to pay by cheque and then hassled me every day asking why they hadn't received the item (because I haven't had your cheque, so it hasn't cleared, and I haven't sent the item! NUMPTY!!) Grrrr! It dragged on for weeks while they said they had posted the cheque, then said someone else had.. if it hadn't been for the fact it was a high value item, I would have just cancelled the transaction!.. In the end the cheque arrived and cleared, and I sent the item.. but I didn't leave feedback, or get any..

Comment

Working...
                              X