Images of yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images of yourself

I usually hate, loathe and detest images of myself, but I really love this one... so thought I'd share. Those of you on twit and my blog might see it anyway.

Oooo... slightly bigger than intended, lmao.

Anyone else got images of themselves they really love..?
    Rach x

Dare to dream ~ never afraid to fail.

~ Jewellery by RMC ~ Blog ~ Twitter me
    ~ Fb business ~ Misi me ~

Yes but they are about 40 years old now. lol.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

That's a really fantastic photo! Of course you're proud of it.

I have loads, but most of them are a bit too 'artistic' to put up here My OH paid for me to have a professional photo shoot when I turned 30.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...KM/Fine%20Art/ - these ones are pretty safe!
      "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
      Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
      http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
        Yes but they are about 40 years old now. lol.
        So post them anyway!!!
        Rach x

Comment

Originally posted by Madly Creating View Post
          That's a really fantastic photo! Of course you're proud of it.

I have loads, but most of them are a bit too 'artistic' to put up here My OH paid for me to have a professional photo shoot when I turned 30.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...KM/Fine%20Art/ - these ones are pretty safe!
          Awww, thanks hun.

Ooohhh, ohh, oh, oh.... is pink hat you?! Wooooooow....! *stares*
          Rach x

Comment

Great photo Rachel, lovely eyes and eye makeup. Crikey heck Madly Creating you're brave!
            Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Thanks hun. Just been compared to Lilly Allen, lol.

Originally posted by nettie View Post
              Crikey heck Madly Creating you're brave!
              If I had a bod like that, I'd be brave too, lmao! If you got it, flaunt it!

C'mon guys... any more pics? I'm sure you're all gorgeous!
              Rach x

Comment

I love the photo Rachel, and Madly Creating what wonderful art photo's I love the reflections one.
                I have very few photo's of me apart from my wedding photo's -23 years ago.
                I very rarely have my photo taken now and avoid it at all costs.
                I have real issues about how I look, I used to be slim (37-25-36) and quite pretty but now I'm fat and fifty and I hate it. The image I have of myself in my mind is totally different to reality. In fact I try not to even look in the mirror unless I can help it and going to the hairdressers and sitting in front of that huge mirror is a nightmare for me.

Melanie

Comment

I'm coming up to being the wrong side of 45 and my double chin (oh ok treble!) bugs me, but I do have a couple of photos around that I'd dare to show, I'll just have to find them now. And yep, I must admit Rachel, if I had a figure like Madly's I'd be proud too...Ahhh those were the days (34 24 34, nearly 30 years ago!!)
                  Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

It's a lovely photo and you have very pretty eyes. Frame it!
                    Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Now, you two - none of this negative talk! If you really want an amazing picture of yourself, you need to find someone who thinks you're amazing and get them to take pictures until you find one you like..... don't like your chin? Lay down or hang upside down!

50 is beautiful too! It's really worth experimenting with photos (if you have a chance), just as you'd experiment with crafts....

Yeah, it's easy for me to talk, right? Well we took about 5000 photos across 2 shoots and I have about 50 that I really love. You have to divorce your "I'm fat and ugly" feelings from the process of looking at photos of yourself.

They're artwork - which makes them beautiful.

Right - off my soap box now!
                      "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                      Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                      http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

I hate all photos of me, If I can find one of me when I was about 3 I will post that! it was my grandad's favourite photo (he died when I was 4)

It also looks like my children.

You girls have lovely photos though and should be proud
                        Diane
                        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I hate having my pic took, Im always the one that says " I will take it" lol
                          Sarah

Comment

Imagine..................if you will......................a beach ball.......................and a waistcoat......................yep...........you got me!

Comment

Originally posted by Madly Creating View Post
                              Now, you two - none of this negative talk! If you really want an amazing picture of yourself, you need to find someone who thinks you're amazing and get them to take pictures until you find one you like..... don't like your chin? Lay down or hang upside down!

50 is beautiful too! It's really worth experimenting with photos (if you have a chance), just as you'd experiment with crafts....

Yeah, it's easy for me to talk, right? Well we took about 5000 photos across 2 shoots and I have about 50 that I really love. You have to divorce your "I'm fat and ugly" feelings from the process of looking at photos of yourself.

They're artwork - which makes them beautiful.

Right - off my soap box now!
                              Well, it may be "ripe" hearing all that from glamour puss.. but I wholeheartedly agree.. art and photography are about seeing yourself as others see you.. 6 or 60 you can look good, and a bit of professional help can REALLY make a difference..

My O/h's younger brother paid for an hour of Studio time with a photographer in Knaresborough for the whole family.. The Photographer was great, did a range of photos, some more serious than others,, he took about 200, and showed us the 50 he liked best.. none were the rather staid 1970's Studio type ones yes nobody looked perfect in every one, but we all looked "great" in one or two..

I really really reccomend doing something similar to anyone who feels unconfident about how they look!

Im not sure if I can find a link to the pics we had done, but if I can I will post one.

Comment

Working...
                              X