Google street view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google street view

Google has put my city (Coventry) in street view. I think the radio said about 20 cities in the UK were now on street view. It's very odd to see my house from the front on the internet!!! But it looks like I was probably out at the time as my car is not there - so it must have been a weekend!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Just had a look.
    Is that you I can see hanging out the washing??

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Ours isn't on street view yet, but the house where I grew up, my mum's current house and my Oma's house are all visible (they're all in Oz)....
      "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
      Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
      http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yea mine is on there too, but before we had the drive, so must have been taken aprox 5 years ago Gasp! Its weird looking at buildings that are no longer there. Must be time to update it Google ha ha!! xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

I was under the impression that the new one was very up to date??

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Ours is there too.
            Don't know about anywhere else but ours was definitely taken last summer and it was a weekday as my son remembers the van going past as he was going back to school with friends, at lunchtime and he looked it up on google last night and they're on it.

Comment

Mines been on there for at least 2 years that I know of. What happens if they 'catch' you sunbathing naked, can you sue them for a privacy breach I wonder - not that I do you understand! There would be an eclipse of the sun if I got my buns out, lol.
              Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                I was under the impression that the new one was very up to date??

Jane
                Yep street view in the uk went live 2 days ago.. The image are about 1 year old no older...

I followed the google car last year in october in st albans but we are yet to have the images published yet..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by onlyme View Post
                  Mines been on there for at least 2 years that I know of.
                  Nope this is not the case... Its only been online 2 days!

Comment

Here is an example for those who haven't seen it yet

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=,+Cardiff++&s ll=51.466547,-3.251631&sspn=0.007366,0.019312&ie=UTF8&ll=51.4815 23,-3.180333&spn=0.001764,0.004828&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr &layer=c&cbll=51.481289,-3.180409&panoid=co8zcYnOlU5y0AOnxyJ9Ow&cbp=12,287. 99142612674837,,0,5
                    Last edited by 0103media; 20-03-2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

I stand corrected, this is not the view I can see when I google my address! More of an ariel view, but still quite detailed. My God, I hope I'm not in the frame when it comes to our street...
                      Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post
                        I followed the google car last year in october in st albans but we are yet to have the images published yet..

Oooh yes, I seem to remember reading something about that at the time........

Last edited by krafty1; 20-03-2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

That is so cool!!! I can't believe the level of detail! My place is not one there :-(
                          My corner of the web: TVChat.co.uk - discuss good & bad telly!

Comment

Oh wow I stand corrected too. It is ages since I looked, but it has been updated. I am not on the the fancy one yet though. Its brilliant eh? xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

Originally posted by krafty1 View Post
                              Oooh yes, I seem to remember reading something about that at the time........

LOVE IT!!!!!

Jane
                              www.just-soaps.com
                              Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

Working...
                              X