Freaky eaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaky eaters?

I'm watching a documentary about freaky eaters and there is a man that can't eat anything without brown sauce on it!

What weird food phases have you had or what food couldn't you live without? and I don't mean chocolate (or vodka lol) I mean like strange combinations.

I've always had a thing for jam sandwiches, when I was little all I would eat was jam sandwiches, luckily I sort of grew out of it but I am still picky about what I will and won't eat. I'd still choose jam sandwich over chocolate though yum!

Can't wait 'til lent is over and i can eat bread again
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

I don't think this is very strange but I used to really like banana sandwiches when I was younger - particularly in made using a french stick - yummy! Haven't had them in years though but still think it would taste good!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

The smell of beef cooking (especially mince)makes me retch, it is how I imagine it would smell if you were cooking humans! My family think Im strange!

Comment

Oh I know what you mean! I find that with quite a few different things, the worst one is choritzo.......blurgh!!!

Comment

I love hot and cold combinations like

rice pudding & Ice cream

I love bananas on toast too!
          Sarah

Comment

I take the pip out of medjool dates and put a small slice of cheddar cheese in to make a 'date sandwich' - very yummy but yesterday when I did that a friend said that is weird

I used to eat toasted bacon and banana sandwiches but don't think I could now.
            Terry xxx
            You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
            Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

I have a serious thing about crunching ice. I know it's meant to mean a deficiency in something, but I have no clue what. All I know is I like the coldness of it, lol.

Apart from that, I've had a fetish for pot noodles lately, lol. Very nutritious. Uhm... crisp sandwiches with salad cream? Fish & peas sandwich..?

Talking of hot and cold things, I love apple and cinnamon strudel and vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm... making myself hungry here!

HATE anything with fat in it or attached to it, or tapioca pudding, or things (puddings, gravy, sauces, etc) with a skin on top... YUCK!!!!!!!!!
              Rach x

Dare to dream ~ never afraid to fail.

~ Jewellery by RMC ~ Blog ~ Twitter me
              ~ Fb business ~ Misi me ~

Comment

Oh I've not eaten anything all day 'cos I'm not feeling great.......suddenly though I feel a lot better! All these combinations are making me hungry

Originally posted by Rachel-Carlyle View Post
                I have a serious thing about crunching ice. I know it's meant to mean a deficiency in something, but I have no clue what. All I know is I like the coldness of it, lol.
                My best friend orders her drink in the pub and then orders a glass of ice to go with it! She loves chomping on ice lol....don't know if it is just a silly story but I've heard it is to do with having an iron/vitamin defficiency

Comment

I love hot cross buns - but hate raisins and sultanas and things, so I toast them, butter them and then pick out all the raisins before I eat them!!

Comment

In my family the following is considered normal, but quite a few people find it strange....

Peas...... with a sprinkling of sugar on the top it doesn't matter if the peas are with fish and chips, roast dinner, or anything else.
                    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
                      My best friend orders her drink in the pub and then orders a glass of ice to go with it! She loves chomping on ice lol....don't know if it is just a silly story but I've heard it is to do with having an iron/vitamin defficiency
                      yeah, something like that. *shrug* Getting to the docs is like a two day trip for me though (too far from the town centre since they moved) so I'll continue to crunch for a while yet. lol.

Talking of strange foods... about to eat Onion Bhaji walkers crisps. lol. Seriously don't fancy the chili and chocolate ones though. Oooo nasty!!!
                      Rach x

Comment

I found this off a scientific paper "Pica, the compulsive ingestion of non-food substances, is a common, yet less well known symptom of iron deficiency anemia (IDA). Ice eating or pagophagia is one of the most common forms of pica associated with iron deficiency and IDA, and has only recently been identified among patients who had undergone Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGBP)."

I don't see how ice can be a 'non-food substance' as it is just frozen water - so a drink! I love crunching on ice, but actually since I've been pregnant my iron has dropped and I haven't been so interested in the ice cube eating (so the opposite of this paper) - not sure if that is due to it just being cold out and I prefer eating ice in the summer! I really don't see how there can be any link between the two. I've had a bigger craving for sprouts while pregnant, so that would help with my iron levels when I do get round to eating them!
                        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I've got some squirrel flavoured crisps in the cupboard and I'm sure they'll stay there until I've consumed enough alcohol to try one!

Comment

LOL I do not fancy trying those ones. At all.
                            Rach x

Comment

I've got some squirrel flavoured crisps in the cupboard and I'm sure they'll stay there until I've consumed enough alcohol to try one!
                              My son insisted we had to try all the flavours but you can have them. I have no idea what squirrel tastes like but the crisps are YUK!

I just remembered fresh oranges with salt.........
                              Terry xxx
                              You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                              Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Working...
                              X