I've caught my fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've caught my fox

I know there are varying opinions on foxes but they are here regardless.
    I for one rather throw my scraps out to them than in the bin to rot. Anyway I saw this really mangy guy and felt terribly sorry for him.

You can get homeopathic stuff to treat them but he was too bad so I called the fox rescue. They delivered a cage and told me how to bait it etc..... well for days foxy came the minute I put food in the trap (he eats at 2pm) but declined to take it. Although the neighbours cat had no difficulty in getting in the trap, eating the grub and scarpering

Today just as I was thinking he was never going to get caught, I looked out and saw the cat had eaten all the food. I went downstairs to rebait and there foxy was in the trap! I called the fox ambulance and they fetched him within 1 hour!

I am so thrilled cos he will get treated and brought back healthy.
    Terry xxx
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
    Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Well done Terry. Some of them are skinny things aren't they? Even living in the wilds of Herefordshire I haven't seen one for a while. I hope he gets well and is able to be put back out into the countryside soon...are they keeping you in touch with how he's getting on?
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

So pleased you saved that lovely creature. They get mange very badly. There is a Fox Protection Society who will supply you medicine free - all you have to do is spread it on a bit of bread and jam and throw it out for them daily. We used to do that and by the time we left they all had beautiful coats and were bringing their young back to eat the food too.
      I am partucularly keen to save them, it might be because our mutt is part fox according to the vet and she is lovely. She does look like one.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Well done, as I'm not a farmer I don't see foxes as a problem, we have them in the fields behind our bungalow (apparantly-I haven't seen one yet but have heard them-and the muntjack deer)

I am so pleased that he will be helped. Good on you!!
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I work with someone who keeps chickens/ducks/geese/turkeys who has recently had fox problems killing some of his birds, but he's having no luck in catching the sly beast. I think you did well to trap it!
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

im a fox lover too so well done on taking the time out to help the poor wee thing.

You say that he eats at 2pm?? I thought they only came out at night! Iv seen a few in my mums estate but none in mine. Its a new estate. BUT we have TONS of rabbits!!! You just see them all dotted about on the grassy bits!!
            Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Well done on catching the poor little guy, fingers crossed he makes a full recovery.

We have a couple of foxes who we quite often see wandering around our housing estate at night... they're very tame

Comment

well done you. I'm a fox lover & feed them with any bits that I don't give the dog. I used to buy chicken wings & throw in the garden & in the past I've got medicine from Hydestile wildlife hospital but they are no more. Haven't had one in the garden for a while now. I even took a picture of one asleep all curled up in my green house before I pulled it down. Used to have them on my patio & took lots of video footage in the past. Love the foxes & they deserve to live as much as everyone else, saying that though I don't have chooks or livestock to worry about. Mange is awful to see & my next doors dog caught it that's when I stopped feeding them in the garden & just throw bits out the front now.
                My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                  I work with someone who keeps chickens/ducks/geese/turkeys who has recently had fox problems killing some of his birds, but he's having no luck in catching the sly beast. I think you did well to trap it!
                  They do have a service to remove a problem fox, pm me if you want the number.
                  Terry xxx

Comment

I'm not a fox lover, but wouldn't do them any harm.Well done on catching it.

its always nice to give mother nature a helping hand,we stopped for a muntjack deer that had been knocked down just before Christmas on our way back from Colchester, we called the rspca and stood with it for 2 hrs....only for them to put it down when they got there !!...and i lost my car blanket, we had used it to cover it up to stop the car headlights spooking it.

nothing spookier than the barks of a fox in season,lol, scared my towny OH when he first moved down here ,lol
                    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                    my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                    my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well done, I'm glad you got him and he'll be looked after. I hate to think of any animal suffering.
                      Rach x

Dare to dream ~ never afraid to fail.

~ Jewellery by RMC ~ Blog ~ Twitter me
                      ~ Fb business ~ Misi me ~

Comment

I have a few foxes who visit my garden day and night.
                        At first I was wary as I have a cat and a dog.
                        The fox is more scared of the cat than the other way about!!

I live in the city and love to feed them. They have bonny wee faces and are quite timid. I have managed to get a few feet away from one as he wandered round the garden.

Well done you !!!!!
                        Before the Fruit, Comes the Blossom

Comment

Oh I am so glad there are some fox lovers on CF!
                          Around here most people look at me in utter disgust when I say they have as much right as anyone or anything to exist and therefore I feed them.

I will get feedback on 'my' fox and as they are territorial I will get him back - even the rescue was surprised when they asked if he could come back and I said 'I would love him back!'

The cat that eats the food I put out for the foxes always chases them and they run! My OH thinks it's cos the cat ate the food and came out of the trap unscathed that the fox rushed in after and got caught!

If you are feeding foxes then oily food eg fish skins, fat off meat etc is really good for their skin and if their skin is in good nick they can fend off mange easier.
                          Terry xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Aviya Glass View Post
                            They do have a service to remove a problem fox, pm me if you want the number.
                            Thanks, I'll let you know.
                            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

thanks for looking out for my friends i live on the edge of a villiage and have always had foxes about the place and thats how i got my name!!!!
                              when hubby and i bought our house we were on a building site for a couple of years and the foxes would join us at night and we called our house 'Vixens Retreat' and when i needed a name for my crafty business what better than the crafty fox? keep us posted on the wee guys progress
                              while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X