Nutty about lotto..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutty about lotto..?

Excuse me for this thread/post, but I really need to ask this. When it's a rollover with the euro lottery, and like last night, is silly amounts, do you go totally nuts over getting a ticket? Or two? Or twenty?!

Where I work, we have the lottery, and yesterday was just UNBELIEVABLE!! I did nothing but work the lottery machine for 5 hours. People never stopped coming, and were buying anything from one to 20 tickets each.

Insane? Or something you do too?

Personally, I can't understand it.
    Rach x

Dare to dream ~ never afraid to fail.

~ Jewellery by RMC ~ Blog ~ Twitter me
    ~ Fb business ~ Misi me ~

I never buy a lottery ticket - my husband does occasionally.

I used to say that if people put their lotto money in the bank they would be better off - maybe not nowadays though

I do not agree with many of camelots "good"causes and how the money is spent/distributed - bit I will not get political

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I rarely buy a lottery ticket, because I've decided I'd reach a million quicker saving a pound a week. LOL.

Even in the current climate, with my luck, it's still true.
      Rach x

Comment

If its biiiig money I wont buy more and more tickets.I just think if Im meant to win Il win on the 1 ticket I buy.
        I saw an ad for the euromillions draw last night for 80+ million, I have to admit to letting out a little 'pleeeease God' hoping he would hear me.But as with all the draws I wont be holding my breath.
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Do these people think that £80million is worth winning but it's not worth taking part if you're only gonna win a measley £2million?

I obviously take lots of notice as I didn't even know it was a massive jackpot in the euro lottery yesterday - I've never bought a ticket for it. Occasionally I will buy a normal lottery ticket, there's a little village shop on the way home that I'll stop if I get numbers popping into my head - it doesn't happen very often so when it does I kid myself it's a sign that I'm gonna win....as yet not even a tenner
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I do the lotto every week as I made the mistake of having set numbers & if I missed I couldn't look at the results but no I don't buy more than 1 ticket on a big jackpot, the chances are so slim that your going to win the prize anyway. I'll email from the Bahamas or wherever I am though after tonights draw
            My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

I very rarely buy a lotto ticket and when I do it's a lucky dip type of thing, either picked by the machine or just random numbers. Someone else has already said it, but if your gonna win, your gonna win on 1 ticket - not twenty.
              Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

See? We're all sensible in here! We all know that the chances of winning anyway are probably zero!

So why do I get all the numpties in town wanting to play loads of tickets for a rollover?! It's worse now than before too, as we're the only shop on the high street with a lottery machine. There was one in the shopping centre that closed. And the one in Woolies closed too (obviously). So it's just us, as people don't want to walk to the waterfront to the post office which has one.

After yesterday I just felt like screaming. Honestly, if I don't see another lottery ticket for a while it'll be a good thing. A really good thing, lol.

They're all nutters!!
                Rach x

Comment

I rarely buy a ticket, perhaps one every two months.
                  The trouble with these big lotto's is that there are so many more tickets sold that if your numbers come up there is more chance of having to share.
                  I remember hearing that even if the jackpot is 5 or 6 million if the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 + 6 come up the maximum the winners will get is 100 to 200 thousand.
                  There was a syndicate a while ago that used various combinations of 10 numbers on 20 tickets and they won the jackpot and several smaller prizes as well.

Melanie

Comment

Working...
                  X