All in one printer recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All in one printer recommendations

I'm hoping that since some of you run your own business, you already have one of these and can perhaps point me in the direction of some decent ones for me to consider.

My printer packed up and seeing that I need one asap (read now ) I thought I may as well go for the all in one as that is what I will be needing in a few months anyway. I will be printing my own labels for my skincare products once I get started so need a reliable, sturdy one! I also need it to be at a reasonable price and preferably not to big and bulky. Is this possible? Hopefully someone will be able to help...

Originally posted by Dennym View Post
    I'm hoping that since some of you run your own business, you already have one of these and can perhaps point me in the direction of some decent ones for me to consider.

My printer packed up and seeing that I need one asap (read now ) I thought I may as well go for the all in one as that is what I will be needing in a few months anyway. I will be printing my own labels for my skincare products once I get started so need a reliable, sturdy one! I also need it to be at a reasonable price and preferably not to big and bulky. Is this possible? Hopefully someone will be able to help...
    I have an Epson all-in-one which is great - won't give you the model number as it is now "old" - I use it a lot for printing card backgrounds, correspondence etc as well as photos (which are very good) and the scanner and copier work very well. It cost £69 at the time and I can't remember how long I have had it, certainly a couple of years.
    Cynthia
    http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Best look at the ink first then the printer..

You can buy printer for no money but its the ink that costs..

I bought a all in one HP but the ink cost about the same as the printer.. Its almost worth buying a new printer each time the ink runs out but not ECO

For documents go for a laser if you can as its a bigger investment to start with but your save save save if you print alot..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Printer

Have been using a combined printer, copier etc for years, but recently bought a colour laser - the best thing I ever did makes me wonder why we hadn't bought it sooner. Although the toners are expensive
        (£50 ish) they give me over 700 A4 copies in full colour. This will save me loads eventually rather than using the local printers.
        Woodenlady

Comment

I agree, I had had so many inkjets break down on me after a couple of months I bought a laser, and it's fab. So much easier you wonder why you spent years putting up with inkjets. If you still need a 3-in-1 for scanning etc the get the cheapest you can buy and buy a good laser one for printing
          My Website www.rheadesigns.co.uk

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dumfri...4443824?ref=ts

My Blog
          http://rheadesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you all for your replies

You have helped me come to a decision; start with an inkjet for now and once I start making stuff and getting busy, upgrade to a laser!

Originally posted by xrheax View Post
            I agree, I had had so many inkjets break down on me after a couple of months I bought a laser, and it's fab. So much easier you wonder why you spent years putting up with inkjets. If you still need a 3-in-1 for scanning etc the get the cheapest you can buy and buy a good laser one for printing
            My epson printer (the one that just conked out) lasted for around 6 years - that's pretty good going. I must have been very lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennym View Post
              Thank you all for your replies

You have helped me come to a decision; start with an inkjet for now and once I start making stuff and getting busy, upgrade to a laser!

My epson printer (the one that just conked out) lasted for around 6 years - that's pretty good going. I must have been very lucky.
              I have had several Epson ones over the years and they have all lasted ages and given very good service - they also get used constantly, so quite heavy usage.
              Cynthia
              http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Dont get an Olivetti - I have an Olivettit all-in-one and it is good, but the ink prices are extortionate!!!

It might be worth looking to see which makes you are also able to buy un-branded ink for, and also some of them have each colour ink separately so you dont have to replace the whole lot when just one colour runs out.

If you are planning to print a lot, I have heard of something which I think is called a CISS system or somehting like that, instead of ink cartridges, which is supposed to save you quite a bit of money.

Comment

I have just checked and it IS called CISS suprisingly - continuous ink system. And it doesnt cost as much as I thought it did - about £20 for the system + first lot of ink, then £5 a (huge) bottle of each colour when you need it.

Definitely worth thinking about! And you can get one for most printers, so you could just get the one you fancied and not worry about the price of replacement ink cartridges!

Im tempted myself now actually!

Comment

I have a HP photosmart C4180 - I think there is a newer model now . It has slots for memory cards so you can print straight from the printer, with a small screen so you can see them as well, and one button scanning. The pictures come out really good with just the ordinary ink and it is quick to print.
                    The ink is quite expensive (£15 black and £19 for colour) but they do last a long time so you don't have to keep replacing them.
                    http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/ are very reasonable for inks and PCWorld often have 3 for the price of 2 offers which I look out for.

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by claireybear View Post
                      I have just checked and it IS called CISS suprisingly - continuous ink system. And it doesnt cost as much as I thought it did - about £20 for the system + first lot of ink, then £5 a (huge) bottle of each colour when you need it.

Definitely worth thinking about! And you can get one for most printers, so you could just get the one you fancied and not worry about the price of replacement ink cartridges!

Im tempted myself now actually!
                      Wow, thanks for that info, that's really good to know! I will definitely be checking it out.

Comment

Melanie - I think I may have checked that model out. I spent such a long time this morning looking at different models and reading reviews; my head hurts now.

You can get high capacity cartridges with HP models can't you?

Comment

Sorry, no idea about the high capacity but you should be able to find out somewhere. I would avoid Lexmark. My sister has a lexmark and her photo's are no where near as good as mine. I used to have a lexmark but it would not work with réfilled or compatable cartridges, only the lexmark branded ones and they were £20+ I think.

Melanie

Comment

Working...
                          X