Stuck in the cold no more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in the cold no more!

I was evacuated from my work this afternoon (20 mins from home time!) with my bag and coat stuck in my locker as I stood in the cold in my lab coat for an unknown length of time due to a "suspicious package" in the nearby council sports centre....

Turns out now it was a WWII shell that was found and they have finally dealt with it and reopened the local streets, but since then I came home wearing a colleagues coat on top of my lab coat (really good look to have when you wander into starbucks!) after a drink at the local coffee house.

So after tea I am going to pop back into town to see if I can retrieve said articles!!! Fingers crossed that I can!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Ah you never know you might have started a new trend and everyone will be wearing it tomorrow! Hope you managed to get your bag and coat safely...is it snowing where you are or is it because the area is still being investigated for any more WW2 memorabilia?
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Hope you managed to retrieve your belongings!
      Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
        I came home wearing a colleagues coat on top of my lab coat (really good look to have when you wander into starbucks!)
        Makes me think of the 'Retro Pharmacist' look which becomes a hot fashion trend in a Phineas & Ferb episode....

Hope you got your bag and coat back
        Elinor
        x

My Misi page
        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

oh poor you, hope you managed to get your coat and bag back!
          Diane
          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

They reopened the roads last night so I went back and thankfully the buildings were still open to staff so I didn't have to hunt down security to let me in Got my things and returned my lab coat.

Turns out it was in fact not a bomb, or an "empty shell" as the local paper reported. Someone asked one of the builders and it was a bullet - found on the site where they are knocking down one of the university buildings. They apparently found it in the morning, but didn't want to cause too much chaos too early so left it til nearer 5pm... next time they may wait til after the car park has emptied out. Loads of people left their cars overnight - they were all covered with frost this morning.

No snow here thankfully. I think we're out of snow in the midlands for now.
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

All that fuss for a bullet? how big was it for gawd's sake????
              Diane
              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Well, we were led to believe the "suspicious package" that was not at the sports centre like we were originally told was at least a foot long... then it went down to 6 inches...

The bullet according the the sources of the builders/demolision squad was about 2 inches.
                View my flickr

Comment

There's a joke in there somewhere!!!

Fair Do's!

Comment

Working...
                  X